Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LSD my 2.89 Diff

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
simple answer to all this . early sv6 had NO lsd, it was only an option until the updated version rolled around in feb 05 that it was standard, as well as side airbags etc.

all the stuff your looking at it from later models, he has a 04

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
If you want to keep your ratio then you'll want to purchase the BTRE-76 Series Diff which is the V6 diff in LSD found with the 3.08:1 ratio.

I would be going the BTRE 80 series with 3.07:1 as used for the Super 6 and V8 as they are stronger and will take a little more abuse. The 3.07 ratio will give better fuel econ around town with a slight increase on highway.

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
Mate, if your just gonna be doing burnouts and **** like that you might aswell look into getting it spooled

Hi dude what do you mean by getting it spooled? What's spooled?
It's still a family car.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
A spool locks the axles together permanantly so you will always spin both wheel and doesn't wear out like an LSD does. The 'downside' is that your axles are locked around corners so one wheel will skip. Can be hairy if your inexperienced and seeing its a family car I would just go LSD. Check ebay for LSD centres from VZ SV6's and VZ S utes because they had an LSD as standard.

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
A spool locks the axles together permanantly so you will always spin both wheel and doesn't wear out like an LSD does. The 'downside' is that your axles are locked around corners so one wheel will skip. Can be hairy if your inexperienced and seeing its a family car I would just go LSD. Check ebay for LSD centres from VZ SV6's and VZ S utes because they had an LSD as standard.

Thanks for the info . it looks like i be getting me a 3.08 lsd