Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Making 'Show Off Your Ride' Private

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Maybe just make it like b/c forum where you have the choice to delete comments or ban people from your own my ride thread?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I also agree with Strike, it would limit the amount of google traffic we would get. Whilst the my ride section doesn't yield as many results as the tech sections. I just punched in VX SS Bagged in google and my car was there. Im sure many people who search for things like Lowered VS Commodore would get hits for my ride sections.

At the end of the day, I think if the owner of the car is worried about the car being stolen from their sheds, they shouldnt post it up. If you post something on the internet thats the risk you take and it should be the onus of the owner to protect it and limit the information they put out. How many other sites have pictures of your cars? I know Ive seen pictures of mine pop up on a few im not even a member on. As much as I sympathies with people getting their cars stolen from sheds and what not, we cant hold your hand, you should be practicing your own good online habits and protecting your identity.

Maybe just make it like b/c forum where you have the choice to delete comments or ban people from your own my ride thread?

Im sure certain VT/X owners would love that.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
How many people have actually lost stuff where said scumbag found their details on a website? If you are worried about it - don't post it on the forum. Thinking it thru, what you are asking is for advertising, but without the publicity. It doesn't work both ways.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Another option would be to have something like a probation period , say 1-2 months ,before you can access the post my ride section ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

DavoVP

Reaction score
I also agree with Strike, it would limit the amount of google traffic we would get. Whilst the my ride section doesn't yield as many results as the tech sections. I just punched in VX SS Bagged in google and my car was there. Im sure many people who search for things like Lowered VS Commodore would get hits for my ride sections.

At the end of the day, I think if the owner of the car is worried about the car being stolen from their sheds, they shouldnt post it up. If you post something on the internet thats the risk you take and it should be the onus of the owner to protect it and limit the information they put out. How many other sites have pictures of your cars? I know Ive seen pictures of mine pop up on a few im not even a member on. As much as I sympathies with people getting their cars stolen from sheds and what not, we cant hold your hand, you should be practicing your own good online habits and protecting your identity.

Im sure certain VT/X owners would love that.

Couldn't of said it better, That's half the reason I don't have any threads for my cars :D

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Another option would be to have something like a probation period , say 1-2 months ,before you can access the post my ride section ,

Again, its highly limiting what new users can do and see and limiting traffic to the site which means sponsors lose exposure and we lose them. The classified section, fair enough because we dont want people getting ripped and signing up to do dodgy deals.

However the My Ride section of a forum is a basic staple across all car forums. You remove that for 2 months and we will never see a new member stick around.

I ask this question to anyone with a car that they are afraid to have stolen in this manner. Do you have a facebook with pictures of your car? Have you driven the car in public? Does your car have number plates on it?

If someone wants your car that badly, theres already enough information out there regardless of whats said on a forum (unless you start "Where I drove today" thread which details your daily routine in which case youre an idiot).

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
As above, I don't list my address on here, more chance of someone following me home.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Again, its highly limiting what new users can do and see and limiting traffic to the site which means sponsors lose exposure and we lose them. The classified section, fair enough because we dont want people getting ripped and signing up to do dodgy deals.

However the My Ride section of a forum is a basic staple across all car forums. You remove that for 2 months and we will never see a new member stick around.

I ask this question to anyone with a car that they are afraid to have stolen in this manner. Do you have a facebook with pictures of your car? Have you driven the car in public? Does your car have number plates on it?

If someone wants your car that badly, theres already enough information out there regardless of whats said on a forum (unless you start "Where I drove today" thread which details your daily routine in which case youre an idiot).

That's a fair point

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Can be done and not such a bad idea, the best way I can think of implementing this is making a sub-section which only registered members can access?

A fair bit of traffic is generated through the 'My Ride' section from what I can see so switching it off site wide could cause some potential problems from a 'rankings' point of view.