Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Hi All,

Currently have a holden calais ve series 2 redline (2011)

I spoke with holden and they told me that the latest maps are "Model: Year 12 Map Data, for Model: Year 11 Vechicles".

I asked if it had penninsula link but they have no idea. Seems like a risk for $250

My Holden IQ states. SW Version D313, Map Database 7172

Anybody know if the latest was Penninsula Link for Victoria?

It appears to me that Holden are shirking their responsibility in not providing updated maps for the system they provided. I have asked several dealers if an update is available (MY12 VE Series II) and they shrug their shoulders and point me in the direction of Holden. Holden point me back in the direction of the dealers. Surely Holden should know if an update is available or when one will be available. Can I suggest everyone who is having the same frustrations as me in not being able to find out at least some information, bombard Holden with questions/ complaints. Email address below.
[email protected]

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
It appears to me that Holden are shirking their responsibility in not providing updated maps for the system they provided. I have asked several dealers if an update is available (MY12 VE Series II) and they shrug their shoulders and point me in the direction of Holden. Holden point me back in the direction of the dealers. Surely Holden should know if an update is available or when one will be available. Can I suggest everyone who is having the same frustrations as me in not being able to find out at least some information, bombard Holden with questions/ complaints. Email address below.
[email protected]

Don't know if it'll do anything but done.

The 10th Doctor

ambitious but rubbish
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE SS-V
Holden email said:
We write in reference to your recent e-mail correspondence received at Holden Customer Care regarding the Satellite Navigation system in your Holden Commodore.
We thank you for taking the time to contact us and we wish to advise you that we do expect an update for your vehicle Satellite Navigation system in late 2014.
We understand you have enquired with your local Holden dealer and were advised they do not know your current update, if you can provide us with your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) we can look into this for you.

This was their first response

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
This was their first response

Well at least you got a much better response than me. I hope they are right about the timing. There is only 2 months of "late 2014" to go.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Should be next month so I`m told

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden via Dealer.
But as I have said before I get second hand news so I hope it is right.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 weeks I got told today.

kato128

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS-V
3 weeks I got told today.

Betcha it slips to next year...

While we wait though, has anyone had their gps tell them to take the 5th exit on a 4 exit roundabout? Mine only started doing that after the my13 update.

Walfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Equipe Sportswagon
Received a reply back from Holden Customer care this morning.

We write in reference to your recent e-mail correspondence received at Holden Customer Care regarding the map updates of the Holden IQ system.

We thank you for writing to us and we are sorry to hear of the confusion you have experienced during this matter.

Holden are always working on our IQ system and the maps involved which means there will be a map update sometime in the future.

However we do wish to advise we can not give an estimated time for when this update will become available and it is important you stay in contact with your dealership as they will be the first to know when an update will be available.

Should you wish to discuss matters further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 033 349, quoting the above mentioned reference number.

Kind Regards,
Christopher Stringer
Holden Customer Care

No joy yet then!!!