Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Map & Firmware Updates For Holden IQ?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
First time post

I've just been told new maps are in and I'm booked in for the upgrade on Wednesday (12th April).

I'll post version number when it's done.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yeah I did this a couple of years ago, copied the map update onto SD and sold on eBay, good racket $150 a pop then.
Well, good while the goings good - sold to a German WWII nutter who whistle blew to eBay, Holden, and the copyright owner who I had no idea was Sensis, ie Telstra!?
Anyway made reparations and suspended from eBay for a while flagged as an online terrorist, etc.
Do you think a few pirated megs copied onto cheap old SD is worth $50? How much would you pay me for a DropBox link?
Hard to pay anything for software unless it is legit from the source I think.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What sort of douche dobs you in for that, a German I guess.

Make the most of easy VE updates as they made it really hard for VF, you have to request the update from Holden with a VIN and it's encrypted to only work with the VIN you supply.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Make the most of easy VE updates as they made it really hard for VF, you have to request the update from Holden with a VIN and it's encrypted to only work with the VIN you supply.
At least the IQ maps are more up to date than the Mylink maps...

farkurnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SE
Anyone got a non dealer solution? not sure I trust ebay! Don't think mine have been updated since new.. the bloke I bought the car off was an old dude and not really fussed about much at all sadly :(

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Yeah I did this a couple of years ago, copied the map update onto SD and sold on eBay, good racket $150 a pop then.
Well, good while the goings good - sold to a German WWII nutter who whistle blew to eBay, Holden, and the copyright owner who I had no idea was Sensis, ie Telstra!?
Anyway made reparations and suspended from eBay for a while flagged as an online terrorist, etc.
Do you think a few pirated megs copied onto cheap old SD is worth $50? How much would you pay me for a DropBox link?
Hard to pay anything for software unless it is legit from the source I think.

I am a little confused @monster.....you say it is hard to pay for software unless legit yet were selling similar, for more $$$, yourself ?

Is it worth $50 ? Is it worth $149 ? This is my query.

Has anyone used these eBay items or similar and how do they perform ?

I am certainly keen to get the update. Mine is currently version 7606.

The IQ software version is D313 which appears to be the current version from what I can gather.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I am a little confused @monster.....you say it is hard to pay for software unless legit yet were selling similar, for more $$$, yourself ?

Is it worth $50 ? Is it worth $149 ? This is my query.

Has anyone used these eBay items or similar and how do they perform ?
I am certainly keen to get the update. Mine is currently version 7606.
The IQ software version is D313 which appears to be the current version from what I can gather.
It is the same software, copied at no cost, traded without owners permission on eBay and gumtree. I was shipping two or three a day at $200 until I came across a Nazi. Is very easy (but not as good as baby formula for making a lazy quid) and I thought why not sorta fits my interests. But having been read the complete riot act decided not worth it.
What I meant by “only pay for originals” not fakes, is glib advice FWIW, because if you didn’t know it is strictly illegal to trade in copies of these maps. Much worse than music or videos.
The more upmarket Holden buyer’s forum has member downloadable links for the latest maps for VE.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
It is the same software, copied at no cost, traded without owners permission on eBay and gumtree. I was shipping two or three a day at $200 until I came across a Nazi. Is very easy (but not as good as baby formula for making a lazy quid) and I thought why not sorta fits my interests. But having been read the complete riot act decided not worth it.
What I meant by “only pay for originals” not fakes, is glib advice FWIW, because if you didn’t know it is strictly illegal to trade in copies of these maps. Much worse than music or videos.
The more upmarket Holden buyer’s forum has member downloadable links for the latest maps for VE.

Got to give you credits for being honest!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Got to give you credits for being honest!
LOL ok all cards on the table... since then have paid for the authentic article from legit reseller at reasonable rate, like TazzI above. Seriously (PayPal ID 9L170278R74488102 1/7/16) :)
Cost is small, real tax invoice, full software write-off.

Last edited: