Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My cammed VY

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Cheers

haha enough to regret it, should have put the money away for a v8 lol, but she goes not too badly for a little 6 :)
Zips past the ricer boys quite nicely on the street and can keep up with my dads clubby until nearly the end of 3rd gear foot flat to the floor, so not too bad i guess

The radiator hose was the original but with a braided sleeve over it that i got off the net somewhere, decided to take it off as it wasnt real braided hose with the proper fittings, it looked cheap + ricey and the black looks alot nicer i reckon

Im sure you'll definately see me on the street at least once if you come up, im always out and about doing something. Should stop for a chat :)

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Cheers

haha enough to regret it, should have put the money away for a v8 lol, but she goes not too badly for a little 6 :)
Zips past the ricer boys quite nicely on the street and can keep up with my dads clubby until nearly the end of 3rd gear foot flat to the floor, so not too bad i guess

The radiator hose was the original but with a braided sleeve over it that i got off the net somewhere, decided to take it off as it wasnt real braided hose with the proper fittings, it looked cheap + ricey and the black looks alot nicer i reckon

Im sure you'll definately see me on the street at least once if you come up, im always out and about doing something. Should stop for a chat :)

Sounds good, would love to see your car in person looks amazingly clean and good for a 6 :)

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
thanks, i try and keep it as clean and nice as i can at all times

find it funny when i drive it to work sometimes, my manager reckons i polish it every day... i dont think hes ever heard of consistent maintenance or the concept of pure carnauba wax lol

I reckon the dirtiest its ever been was when i drove it to bathurst for the JCCC NSW cruise, got so filthy on the way down and inside got trashed due to having to eat on the go to make it there on time.. was devastated with the state of it..
still had a fun time though :thumbsup:

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
HAHA

Did you get the interior done professionally?

and how much roughly did it set you back?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
No updates for the car yet apart from a billet products short shifter i bought last night and should have by tues arvo..

However, I went down to WTAC yesterday: got some happy snaps of the car (dirty :( ) + picked my faves for the event :

Was a pretty awesome day

1262305459430.jpg

1262305483607-1.jpg

1262305456295.jpg

1262305320734.jpg

1262305320308.jpg

1262305304648.jpg

1262305304105.jpg

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
put my new short shifter in this arvo, money well spent!

Took me about an hour and was super simple, besides smacking my head on the exhaust on the way out from underneath :p and having 3 goes to get the gearknob off the standard shifter it was fairly enjoyable

The new shifts are so short, barely have to move the stick to get it into gear, very very very pleased with it :D

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
extremely cold night, extremely good (fueling is spot on now ;) ) tune, cruise control on and sitting on a long road with low revs for a while