Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VTII Calais

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Now without the spoiler... (It was extremly dirty when photos were taken)
STA60011.jpg

STA60003.jpg

STA60010.jpg

More photos to come soon with chrome door handles and mesh.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
i love wood grain dashes i think they look really good.
Nice car man

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont mind the woodgrain, personally i prefer the black 'piano finish' kinda look, but i dont mind it. Everyone whos been in my car has commented on it though haha at least it gets some attention.

E

EcotecVNCalais

I think the design department had a boozy lunch when they descided to go with the fake woodgrain.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I like the chrome door handles too, but for now im staying with the colour coded ones. The first car i saw with them was black and they looked great, the next was red and they didnt look all that good.

Im dying to get wheels too.
Trust me to love ones that only come in 20". 20" is illegal but if oyu get low profiles they can fit them without doing anything to the guards. The tyres I like are $600 each :-| so stick with 18-19" and its alot cheaper and theyre still nice :)

It looks nice.
Your did well getting the exact right size rubbers for the spoiler holes.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeahh I still love those Dolce DC-6 19" ooohhh they look so good, theyre strating to pop up on a few cars. $2800 with rubber for the set, plus lowering i want to get it done properly so that i can keep my ride quality and that'll cost a little more... but i have no more spare cash at the moment. Uni fee's and book's and getting the car serviced tomorrow.. arghh!! (plus i dont have a job haha).
I got the chrome door handles! FINALLY.. Now its just a matter of getting someone who knows how to put them on without replacing the backing (so that i wont need to get that resprayed.)
As for the woodgrain, i would have prefered that black 'piano finish' but personally i like it and i think its much better looking than the grey plastic.
Thanks for the comments guys n girls!!

By the way. Set of 4 exterior chrome door handles from holden are $206, otherwise $65 each

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
fuel_within said:
Lower, wheels and de-badge... Leave Calais and the 'Lion' badges on though
Looks good pal
;)

100% agree with the above when you driving a 'Lais you want everyone to know your driving one :yeah: The previous owner needs a smack in the head, putting "just" a "spoiler" on it, by themselves they suck IMO:ranting: . Looks good mate. :)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yep.. gotta leave the calais badges on it! I looked so hard to find a calais i could afford i wanna show it off =P. And they did a good job of denting and scratching my boot when they put the spoiler on! needs to be fixed up and resprayed =( But i think the whole car needs a respray... Someone put a scratch in my passanger door today, or could have been something that flicked up off the road... It's only really small but its all i can see when i look at it from the passanger side! Bah! Hopefully have pics up tomorrow with the door handles and the mesh =D