Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Names Compulsory on the 2016 Census

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
To me in the way it is described is too much too handle. Or, could be a DDOS Attack made by people that opposed the Census if you want to go that route.

My take is a lame site that could not handle the load. Perhaps was a group of obsolete servers witn a shity backbone and the rest of the money in their pockets.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
To me in the way it is described is too much too handle. Or, could be a DDOS Attack made by people that opposed the Census if you want to go that route.

Not a DDoS attack either.

Capture.jpg

My take is a lame site that could not handle the load.

This!

The ABS IT department calling it a hack (wrong) or a DDoS attack? LMAO!!!! No, it's the expected volume of traffic. Tens of millions of concurrent requests. I find it hilarious. :rofl:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
So my suspicions are correct... the Gov Co/Tax Payers got ripped off. My good God, you guys are behaving like the States... (LOL)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So my suspicions are correct... the Gov Co/Tax Payers got ripped off. My good God, you guys are behaving like the States... (LOL)

Only we don't have the benefit of the 2nd Amendment unfortunately.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

In many ways our countries act like blood brothers. Most of it is ok...some though, not so.

This latest debacle is our version of "Anything you can do, we can do better."

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Is that some... borned from the Brits and here we are. For some odd reason I have a soft spot for Oz.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Just noticed on Ninemsn the Govt are now saying it was not a hack.

lol no ****.

They are also saying that a DDoS attack is not an attack as "no data was obtained". The incompetence and handling of this is ASTOUNDING!

If it WAS a DDoS attack, then yes, that's an attack. The purpose is never to obtain anything.

However they say the volume started increasing as the evening drew nearer until it got so bad they shut it down at 7:30pm? Errrrrrrrrrr.............. NO ****! People were connecting to do the ####ing Census. Hahahahahahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.