Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NBA thread.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
yeah I have league pass, cost 220 for the season, but I think it is cheaper now it is past the half way mark.

Can someone fill me in on the rudy gay and jose calderon trades? I was away thursday to sunday and watching the heat v raptors today saw gay in and they said lowry was the primary PG with calderon gone now... cheers!

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS + VY exec + Vs wagon
Ed,

Was a 3 team trade.

Memphis sent Hamed Haddadi and Rudy Gay to Toronto

Toronto sent Jose Calderon and Ed Davis to memphis, and then traded Calderon for Tayshaun prince and Austin Daye from Detroit.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I was a huge fan of the 76ers, well, Alan Iverson actually, he was a legend. I try and watch when I can, but I have lost a bit of interest since they changed the rules a few years ago. It's more entertainment now than actual competition, but having said that, the players are still very talented.

I can't understand the travel rule between NBA, NBL and Euroleague. We are supposed to follow Euro rules, but we can't touch the ball after it has hit the ring unless it comes down below the rim, the first foot on the gound after receiving the ball is supposed to be the pivot foot, but Euroleague can change pivots twice, we can't even take a step unless it's a lay up or or we bounce the ball. NBA have a 3 step lay up, a break away foul is a foul even if there is a player in front but the ball carrier overtakes them. There is no contact on a lay up inside the paint. Our rules state that there should be no call on contact inside the semi circle, as in a charge, but the umpire can call a block even if the player is stationary and it would normally be a charge. Cross court rules (or "over and back") are hard to interpret especially when you have a younger umpire, they interpret cross court as both feet over the line, not just one foot if you step back while defending.

Anyway, rant over, I still enjoy a good game of NBA, but I enjoy the college ball a lot more.

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cmon NAAF, If you were such a big Allen Iverson fan at least spell his name right.. :D

Iverson was my favourite player too, was such a great player, and was so good to watch. Is such a shame he left the leauge without ever winning a championship. I wasnt happy at first when he went to denver, but ended up really enjoying watching Iverson and Melo play together, but his pride got in the way and it was a sad display when he went to detroit, and then worse again in Memphis. I got all exited when he returned to Philly, but it only lasted a little over 3 months i reckon.. I havent followed anything he has done latley in Turkey, but ESPN reported rumors just the other day of a return to the leauge. i hope he doesnt return though, he only brought his career down the way he acted in detroit and in his retirement, only to agree to another contract less than a week later..

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Wasn't he only playing really short minutes last time due to his knees? He'd be crazy to come back.

NAAF - the 3 step for a dunk in the NBA really shits me... Just because it leads to something the crowds/viewers want to see doesn't mean you should be able to break a basic rule of the game... That's what And1 is for (can't stand that rubbish)

Matt02SS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
He was only playing short minutes because that's what the teams had in mind for him, but he had too much pride to have a position playing less than half the game off the bench. But there was a while there he did not play because of his knee.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Says you who can't spell league hahahaha...

And1 is a field goal, copping a foul and getting the extra free throw actually. You score, and get the opportunity for the extra point.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
hahaha the clippers have hit the skids since cp3 has been injured... a loss to the wizards today, sad times. (if anyone actually cared hahaha)