Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers worse than stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I can't speak for wrx but I bought Dynaudio. You don't need to own products from a company to defend them against people who don't know what they're on about.

Ok champ whatever you think, if fusion was so amazing like you"ve been banging on about for the last 2 pages you would own them...have a nice day :).

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Thread cleaned - debate like adults or don't post.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I guess you could say.... there was a lot of mass debating going on.

Yeaaaahhh *Put's on sunnies*

Customcreations

PORTED GETS IT SORTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6 EcoTech Custom Ported by me
NEODYMIUM
Hmmm, thats getting technical!

maybe fusion got that bit wrong and used conventional instead.

Thats why their magnets are small and have no sound quality.
They thought they were using NEODYMIUM in fabrication but it was only conventional.

Yes there would be better than MTX. I was only stating they had a good sound in my car and wondered if there is quality to be found in AUS.

Fair enough though with Aussie stores being that there are PRO stores among the many that are not.

As far as impedance goes there is a way to change the Impedance to suit. Provided you have a couple of extra speakers to add to the system by linking them.
That's another story though that I wont go into.
If one has the money spend it!
If one has little money buy crap.
OR improvise and save that money by experimenting at next to no cost or no cost at all.
People chuck out home systems all the time to get speakers for free.
When I was 17 I had no money but the car stereo sounded pretty good (or great in comparison to 300WATTS MMMMAAAAXXXX)
as I used a couple of 12" speakers out of an unused guitar amp.
Maybe that sounds lame to you but it sounded good in the car. (bearing in mind that that was late 80's early 90's)
The MTX rigg was in my car around the late 90's.
Things have probably changed since then too.
Some things improve and some things get worse.
Sometimes the things that get worse get the most advertising and atractive colours to cover that fact. Like the change to 10000,0000WATTS MAXXXXXX
You dont have to be a tech wizz to know what sounds good and what doesnt. Ears do that quite well.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
Ok champ whatever you think, if fusion was so amazing like you"ve been banging on about for the last 2 pages you would own them...have a nice day :).

I give up. You have no interest in changing your mind. You're too busy trying to win the argument to worry about whether you're right or not.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I give up. You have no interest in changing your mind. You're too busy trying to win the argument to worry about whether you're right or not.

Right...the guy that started this thread (if you even read the opening post instead of just abusing me the whole time) wanted better cheap speakers, I told him to avoid fusion because they"re cheap & nasty, you two get all uppity and say their expensive things are good....CONGRATULATIONS!...doesn't help the OP because as he said himself he's not a big audio guy so he doesn't want to spend that kind of money....so we suggested other brands he could get instead, what constructive things have you done in this thread?....oh nothing?....oh that's cute thanks for your contribution chief!.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Right...the guy that started this thread (if you even read the opening post instead of just abusing me the whole time) wanted better cheap speakers, I told him to avoid fusion because they"re cheap & nasty, you two get all uppity and say their expensive things are good....CONGRATULATIONS!...doesn't help the OP because as he said himself he's not a big audio guy so he doesn't want to spend that kind of money....so we suggested other brands he could get instead, what constructive things have you done in this thread?....oh nothing?....oh that's cute thanks for your contribution chief!.

That's Captain Chief to you.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
This thread needs to be closed... People who don't know much about audio are going to read it and believe the crap that has been posted in here, especially in the last 12 hours :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.