Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nfl

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
It is quite funny.

Also I want to add this...
jyBtYUEnRhU.gif

A great perfectly legal hit by Rahim Moore. This is how it is done.

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Pretty good first round so far. Not too many surprise results for me, except for Titans over the Steelers, Detroit over the Vikings, and the Geno show over the Bucs. good to see both my teams (Denver & KC) get wins on the board. Dallas & Romo got lucky with Eli throwing a few too many Ints. Looking forward to the Manning Bowl next week, and I'm pretty sure Alex Smith & Co can take down the Cowboys.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Pretty good first round so far. Not too many surprise results for me, except for Titans over the Steelers, Detroit over the Vikings, and the Geno show over the Bucs. good to see both my teams (Denver & KC) get wins on the board. Dallas & Romo got lucky with Eli throwing a few too many Ints. Looking forward to the Manning Bowl next week, and I'm pretty sure Alex Smith & Co can take down the Cowboys.

I don't know about the Chiefs considering they only did so much against the Jags. Their season relies mostly on Charles' feet. Also how can you be a Bronco and a Chiefs fan?

Anyway the week's scores...

Broncos demolished the Ravens 49-27
Pats got passed the Bills 23-21, it will be interesting to see if they can find some receivers and a run game. Since Amendola already has a groin injury and Edelman isn't going to beat a decent secondary. Plus with Vereen's wrist surgery and Ridley's fumbles they are going to need to find Brady a supporting cast soon. I wonder if they can beat the LolJets next week.

We did get this picture from the game though.
1277640_590880224292003_743139650_o_zpsb8909ad9.jpg

SeaChickens got passed the Panthers 12-7 in a snooze fest, Wilson will struggle some this year as teams have started to figure him out. Plus Lynch needs to hit Beast Mode!

Bears beat Bengals in a close one, 24-21.

'Fins beat the Browns 23-10, but WR Wallace is already comparing about not seeing enough ball...and this is after a win.

Kittens beat the Vikings 34-24, try as he might AP couldn't do it all. Calvin Johnson went missing in this game as Reggie Bush took over but I think he was robbed (again) after making a great grab. Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson's touchdown overturned - NFL Videos

Colts just got by the Raiders 21-17 thanks to Andrew Luck. The Colts defense sucks and their offense isn't much better, Luck has a long season ahead of him carrying this team.

KC beat the Jags 28-2, Gabbert needed 15 stitches to close a wound on his hand and will be out a few weeks. Tebow to the Jags?

Saints beat the Dirty Birds in a good game 23-17.

The Bucs threw the game away against the LolJets and ended up losing 18-17. Revis didn't have the best game returning from his knee injury.

Titans beat the woeful Steelers 16-9 who lost three starters to season ending injuries in the game.

49ers took down the Pack (again) 34-28. Clay Matthews come up with this, Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews late hit on 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick - NFL Videos, late hit and then threw some slaps.

Rams defeated the Cards in a close one, 27-24.

Cowgirls beat the Giants 36-31 in an odd game where Eli played more like Romo turning the ball over a ton.

The Eagles escaped with the 33-27 win against Washington in RG3's return. The Eagles played fast and RG3 looked rusty.

Houston came from behind to beat the Chargers 31-28. I remember checking the score at half time with the Chargers 20 points in the lead and thinking to myself that they will collapse in a heap and Houston will win.

Week one in the books, now for week two!

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I don't know about the Chiefs considering they only did so much against the Jags. Their season relies mostly on Charles' feet. Also how can you be a Bronco and a Chiefs fan?

Long story short, I've always been a Broncos fan since the early Elway days. A few years back was seeing a girl who was a Chiefs fan, started following them as well. Which wasn't so smart considering they're divisional rivals and play each other a couple times a year. But when they do, I'm Broncos through and through. Just like to see the Chiefs do well against everyone else :)

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Lol...yep, always is :beer chug: On the Tebow thing, not sure if that will ever happen. Actually seems like a decent idea, and personally I think the guy's a better QB than Gabbert. But from a few opinions I've read, there would appear to be other things blocking such a move. The owners of the Jags want to move to Cali, and it's pretty hard to make a case to the NFL if the stadium in Jacksonville is filled with fans every week (Which would be the case if Tebow was playing there, regardless of results.) His run in the NFL may well be at an end, which would be a shame. I actually liked watching him play for Denver, and I still think he's better than some of the guys that are still employed in the NFL.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
'Sound FX': Best of Week 1 - NFL Videos

That Bears locker room seems like a fun place to be......

Lol...yep, always is :beer chug: On the Tebow thing, not sure if that will ever happen. Actually seems like a decent idea, and personally I think the guy's a better QB than Gabbert. But from a few opinions I've read, there would appear to be other things blocking such a move. The owners of the Jags want to move to Cali, and it's pretty hard to make a case to the NFL if the stadium in Jacksonville is filled with fans every week (Which would be the case if Tebow was playing there, regardless of results.) His run in the NFL may well be at an end, which would be a shame. I actually liked watching him play for Denver, and I still think he's better than some of the guys that are still employed in the NFL.

I think Tebow was a better QB than Gabbert but isn't anymore. If you go back and watch his last game for the Gators you will see a much different passer to today's Tebow. Over his college career he had a high-ish 65% completion right. When he turned Pro, he didn't just go out and do his thing, he and others spent too much time tiring to fix him and this I think just stuffed him up. You can see him trying too hard to have the correct throwing mechanics and firing tight strong spirals. Instead of just making plays. He had too many people telling him how to pass and trying to fix him and not just letting him play football. It is sad to see him routinely throw passes like this....

tebowoverthrow.gif

That and he struggled with complex pro defenses it took a genius like Mike McCoy to simplify things for him to understand but it was a fun ride while it lasted. Man so much went wrong for Tebow...

And I agree I think he is done as a QB in the NFL. He could come back and play another position. He could play fullback but that is a dieing art or TE like a flex type/H-back. But after he was cut only one team inquired about playing for them and it was at another position. He said no.

As for Jacksonville moving to LA, I don't see it happening, it is a big move for that team. More likely it would be the Raiders or Rams but they have been saying for the last 5, 10 years that they want a team in LA and it still hasn't happened.

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Man I feel sorry for anyone that watched the craptastic game between the LolJets and Pats today.

It was so bad the LolJets even went out for a punt without a returner. Where's the New York Jets punt returner? - NFL Videos, Rex was pissed.

Tom Brady and the Pats didn't do much better as the stat line for both QBs was terrible. His body language wasn't much better :p Was New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's body language too much? - NFL Videos, I think he said 'Were are my f***ing receivers, get me Wes!'

This was also quite funny...
1274920_592887767424582_1737239667_o_zps1821d797.png

Gouldinator1

Strip Sack, Miller!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sv6
Some fun with gifs and videos from week 2 of the regular season.

First up, Matthews late hit from last week, he was so in-bounds.
93d6fda7-1560-4658-a09a-15e4c305003d_cmhit_zps22631450.gif

Floyd says good-bye to his spine with this hit. Floyd had to be stretched off.
98e5c68c-2d61-438e-b928-3420762f9cc6_floyd2_zpsf6c83464.gif

The vet Woodson made a great play to go over the top of the blocker to prevent a touchdown.
CharlesWoodsonTackle_original.gif

The Broncos got lucky on a rebound.
c61ac47f-b62c-421a-a173-ca092dd3d1db_eliint_zps257ef66a.gif

Meriweather leads with the helmet on a dirty hit giving Lacy a concussion.
bcc9085d-a62e-4ec8-92b8-d22c74a43170_lacyhit_zps769cc3f4.gif

He didn't learn his lesson knocking himself out against Starks.
5361193d-39ac-4d7e-9baf-ac5e92ee3a98_merriweather2_zps3b8f5ff8.gif

Pryor dives for the 1st taking a ball boy with him.
126633fa-dcd3-4c9b-a7b2-d5261d183a8e_official1_zpsbae7136d.gif

Tillman showed quick reactions to save a sideline reporter...
Chicago Bears CB Peanut Tillman saves FOX sideline reporter Laura Okmin - NFL Videos

Let's Go Primetime: Week 2 top performances - NFL Videos

All touchdowns from today's action...
RedZone Recap: Week 2 - NFL Videos