Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick’s Red VZ SS, Manual, Red Leather

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Hey mate. Very nice car, looks mint.

I was just wondering, have you noticed if your door handles are a lighter colour than your air vent surrounds?

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Hey mate. Very nice car, looks mint.

I was just wondering, have you noticed if your door handles are a lighter colour than your air vent surrounds?

Yeah they are lighter, probably cos the door handles are metal but the air vent surrounds are plastic. Never really noticed until now though! haha

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Yeah they are lighter, probably cos the door handles are metal but the air vent surrounds are plastic. Never really noticed until now though! haha

Ahh, cheers for that, it makes sense. I have noticed the same problem in my car which is really annoying me, aha.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Ahh, cheers for that, it makes sense. I have noticed the same problem in my car which is really annoying me, aha.

I had another look, the door handles, hand brake and top of the gear stick are the same lighter silver colour. The air vent surrounds and some other parts around the dash are a little darker, so don't think they are actually meant to match, I wouldn't worry about it, doesn't bother me.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
So my new springs have settled a bit now and it’s sitting a bit lower. I’m happy with the left side, sits I tiny bit higher in the front, but it’s fine, but the front right sits up higher. Took it to Pedders as they do a free check after 1500km and they said the front right was up about 5mm more than the left, but it was because of a slight twist in the body of the car. I guess when I’m actually sitting in the driver’s seat in drops. Just wondering anyone else had this issue?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I had another look, the door handles, hand brake and top of the gear stick are the same lighter silver colour. The air vent surrounds and some other parts around the dash are a little darker, so don't think they are actually meant to match, I wouldn't worry about it, doesn't bother me.

Mmm, i'm about to buy a gear stick and handbrake off a vy/z too. I thought they would match the door handles, cheers for letting me know.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I had a dry, grey, slightly cracking patch on the top of my steering wheel. I tried leather conditioner, but it didn’t do anything. Then I remembered how good that stuff is you use to blacken/clean black leather shoes. Not nugget, but this Kiwi leather polish that dries completely and leaves it really black, shiney and smooth, just like the rest of my steering wheel is. So gave it a try and am really happy with the results. You have to wait a few hours for it to dry properly and it was a tiny bit stick for a few days, but it’s perfect now.

Before

After

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Got some black plates, put my alloys back on and gave my car its first wash in weeks! So a few more photos with a decent camera again this time.

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I had a dry, grey, slightly cracking patch on the top of my steering wheel. I tried leather conditioner, but it didn’t do anything. Then I remembered how good that stuff is you use to blacken/clean black leather shoes. Not nugget, but this Kiwi leather polish that dries completely and leaves it really black, shiney and smooth, just like the rest of my steering wheel is. So gave it a try and am really happy with the results. You have to wait a few hours for it to dry properly and it was a tiny bit stick for a few days, but it’s perfect now.

Before

After

Awesome idea mate just put some on my wheel now hopefully it fixes it