Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Number plates : slimline to standard replacements?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
A lot of dollars / stuffing around just for some plate surrounds.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
A lot of dollars / stuffing around just for some plate surrounds.
I always ripped off the dealer provided number plate surrounds as well as their rear window stickers on my new cars. And then I usually have to have words with them after they reapply them on first service :rolleyes: If I wanted to be a rolling advertisement board, I’d charge a fee :p

Having a surround that advertises your support for a sports club is a little different and is a choice many make… whatever floats their boat :cool:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
You don’t actually own the plates,
If I understand correctly, in Victoria you purchase the rights to the plates for ever and a day…

In NSW, you purchase the rights to use the plates for a year.

Vicroads may be thieves but the NSW are masters of thievery :p:p:p

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I cannot believe that no one has asked the most important question.
Which team? I hope it is a good one like Collingwood, and not a **** one like - every other team that isn't Collingwood.

Back on topic though, it's very interesting the prices in the plate market and the variation state to state and Aus to NZ.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I cannot believe that no one has asked the most important question.
Which team? I hope it is a good one like Collingwood, and not a **** one like - every other team that isn't Collingwood.
Yes that’s the most important question for a follower of prolate spheroid (ellipsoid) ball games :p

If he’s a Collingwood supporter, hopefully his car is white with black stripes rather than some red/black combo :p

(insert joke of choice here about a smile with missing teeth…)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I got my plates remade from ugly blue and white steel to black and white acrylic slimline for $200. One time cost. Now the intercooler gets the whole mouth

Reactions: Lex

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Yes that’s the most important question for a follower of prolate spheroid (ellipsoid) ball games :p

If he’s a Collingwood supporter, hopefully his car is white with black stripes rather than some red/black combo :p

(insert joke of choice here about a smile with missing teeth…)
I hope it's that limited VF Collingwood in black and white.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Thanks for the replying guys.

Ok I have just called VicRoads

It's not going cost me much at all
$40 for both set of plates.

Which I will be getting later on today, except I just found out ,I will be given a new set of combined for my plates.

Oh well.

And also I have been reading what team I follow in the AFL , it is NOT Collingwood, I'm as bombers fan , unfortunately I got a white car because it was local , and also it was the only car that I can find in the local area with low mileage on this Commodore, the colour that I was hoping to get for this car was blue
( my favourite colour) but it would have been virtually impossible as that's a very hard colour to get for the Holden Commodore so my only choice was virtually white, and also it would have cost them more money also.

I'll be updating my pictures on my previous thread about my car with more pictures now that you guys know what team I follow in the AFL.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm as bombers fan
Q: what do you call a group of drug cheats
A: A hird (not herd)

1678770767346.jpeg

(ducks and runs :p:p:p)

PS: a few blue vf commodores available in/near Melbourne, sorted cheapest to most expensive…

Chlorophyll is the colour to get if you can’t make up your mind between blue, green and such… it’s magic… but white is also nice…

Last edited:

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Q: what do you call a group of drug cheats
A: A hird (not herd)

View attachment 249274

(ducks and runs :p:p:p)

PS: a few blue vf commodores available in/near Melbourne, sorted cheapest to most expensive…

(And.Service.carsales._.(C.Make.Holden._.(C.Model.Commodore._.(Or.Series.VF._.Series.VF%20Series%20II.)))_.Induction.Aspirated._.Colour.blue._.SuburbPoi.poi(Melbourne%20VIC%203000x50km).)[/URL]

Chlorophyll is the colour to get if you can’t make up your mind between blue, green and such… it’s magic… but white is also nice…
Thanks for that I originally was going go for a $16k personal loan , but I ended up lowering to $11k but the car looks really good, perfect colour , thanks for information.