Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Oh No! America Thinks We're Racist...Again.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What about the safeway kid with the rocket in the cream wtf :p how that never got banned I will never know, it ran on tv and safeways website for ageeees

Edit, found an embeddable version that has comments :p

[YOUTUBE]<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aC8lI97RY7g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aC8lI97RY7g&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Speaking of youtube comments man i nearly pmsl at channel 10 news last night, they showed a quick clip scrolling through some of the youtube comments, one of the comments clearly said: "N iggers are foul" I guess someone didn't watch the clip too closely before they aired it :rofl2:

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
i think Americans should go and see Dr Choppa...he can prescribe some HTFU tablets...

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
there are so many different things you can say about the topic, but the fact of the matter is that - even if the ad wasn't meant to portray it - black people really do love chicken. i don't understand how or why that's racist. they just like eating chicken. that's a stereotype, but hardly racist. there's nothing wrong with liking chicken, it's not derogatory, or offensive. in fact i think everyone loves chicken anyway, but maybe black people love it a bit more. i once worked with a black guy who tried to take home a half full bucket of kfc chicken behind our backs, because he thought we were finished.

i bet it's the white people of america causing uproar about it anyway - trying to stand up for the black people - and they probably don't even care :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid people

By stating their dismay at the advertisement they are attempting to elevate their moral standing and distance themselves from their past involvement in the slavery and abhorrent treatment of Negroes. But this has obviously backfired in everyone elses eyes with the exception of the Americans themselves, because only Americans think they are gods gift to this world and are in no way are they hypocritical.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Thats it. Everyone enlist in the army. We're going to war with India.
We've had experience over in melbourne with how to do it, so lets go

Who's going to sell you a slurpee on a hot day then.... No one! and we need the Indias to around to win the spelling comps, plus I like Indian food

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
wtf? make some sense lad.

O.k. Minux, let me spell it out for you

A very small group of people did not like the add, made comments to that effect on youtube and now it is noted as being slammed by America for being racist.

It wasn't slammed by America at all, just a bunch of idiots that happen to be from there.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
It wasn't slammed by America at all, just a bunch of idiots that happen to be from there.

But the point is that those idiots influenced someone to have the advert taken off the air. That is the problem, that these idiots have been given power. It's like paying ransom to free a person or people from a terrorist organisation. Sure you benefited in the short term by having the hostages freed, but you can be damn sure the terrorists will be back at it again in no time because they know they have the power.