Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old mans new ride (2007 Subaru Forester XT Luxury)

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
The urban grey (this one) and that berry red (not sure what the name is) are the best colours on the foresters... And What you said about the windscreen is true as well, I commented on that to my dad while I was driving actually.

Ooo and we're also gonna be getting it serviced by the STi guy's rather than the 'normal' subaru people. We were told theyre much better with the turbos as thats all they do, and also as far as price goes theres not too much of a difference.

I just cant wait till its run in... I wanna take this thing on a nice long drive!

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
The urban grey (this one) and that berry red (not sure what the name is) are the best colours on the foresters... And What you said about the windscreen is true as well, I commented on that to my dad while I was driving actually.

Ooo and we're also gonna be getting it serviced by the STi guy's rather than the 'normal' subaru people. We were told theyre much better with the turbos as thats all they do, and also as far as price goes theres not too much of a difference.

I just cant wait till its run in... I wanna take this thing on a nice long drive!

good to hear you finally got it mike:D SHOTGUUUUUUN! hahaha

and by "I just cant wait till its run in... I wanna take this thing on a nice long drive" dont you mean a long and hard drive?:D mmmmmm turbo power:D

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hahah yeahh its good to have it after such a long wait...

It's already sounding alot better than the first day, starting to get a bit of a note to it... and i LOVE the sound it makes when u push it a little.

Love to hear it on a track!!

Love the momo steering wheel as well, so comfty :p

Haha padrickz... I've gotta take the keys one night, me u n monica, n maybe one other lucky person should go for a cruise around the town hahaha

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeahh.. theyre definately not as nice and supportive as seats in a commodore. Theyre still ok though. My old man has a bit of a bad back and he finds it comfortable so thats alright

The seats in the liberty were really comfortable and hugging though...

Worst thing is I sat in the ve calais as well... now those a comfy seats!

The back seat is also kinda tight. There isnt all that much leg room... Enough to be comfortable, but i wouldnt wanna be in the back seat on a 700k drive haha. And theres really only space for 2 people in the back, you can fit three... but its really cramped. But hey, as long as im up the front who cares haha.

Another thing... so far, fuel consumption is about 12lt/100ks and thats being driven spiritedly. That could easily come down to about 10 I reckon... But while its being run in, we're not too concerned about fuel consumption

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
I got the forester for the day today...

The thing I noticed... Is the fuel tank is way too small... Maybe its just coz I'm used to the commodores bigger tanks.. I dunno... But it seems to get to empty pretty quickly.

I'm suprised they didnt put a bigger fuel tank in.. especially for something that can be taken off-road. Ah well, I managed to limp it home before the low fuel light came on haha

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Can you find out how many litres the tank holds??? Should be mentioned in the owner's manual.

Misaprop

black betty
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
...try liverpool exhausts...

sorry to go a bit OT but Liverpool Exhausts are awesome guys... did my car, and I absolutely love it. IMO and some of my Ford mates reckon I have the best sounding V8!

Oh and cool Forester... some of them sound like a wrx sti, very mean!

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Attaboy, its a 60lt tank

Misaprop, This one has the exact same engine as the WRX Impreza... One of my friends has an older forester and has a bigger turbo, so pretty much like an STi, if not even a little more power. You can really get these things sounding mean without doing much to them...

At the moment its still sounding like any other 4cylinder.. but getting closer to 5000ks... its on 1,200 after having it for a week and 2 days :p