Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate exhaust legality??

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
jimmy you dont know what was happening to me at that point of my life so please dont start anything :)

Everyone goes through tough patches in life for different reasons. I know there have been times when things have turned to **** and I've been a total #### head while driving.
But regardless, doing something stupid when a cop is around... that is just stupid and there is no excuse, imo. That's all I'll say, not trying to start anything.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
just do it.unless your being stupid when the cops are around the chances of getting pulled over is next to zero.:)

Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
They will lock you up in jail where you are likely to be 'probed'

Don't even think of any mods

+1...dont need anymore in there to pay for!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Touche on the Turbocharger comment, but you get my point :p

And those 3 mufflers would also have to be standard configuration aswell, not High Flow etc. etc.?

Been a few days since I have been on, so this is a bit late.

No, it makes no difference, as long as the exhaust is within the legal noise limit, then it doesn't matter what type of mufflers are there, as long as it is the same number as factory.

Diesel_junkie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Stuff it do it mate it's not as if your going 3" with 100 cell cats... for god sake they can't be that anal can they?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

backjansz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sorry to dig up an old thread. But I've just bought a ve berlina and I'm on my greens. I was thinking of putting a SS exhaust system on it. Would that be illegal in regards to insurance? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers :)

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Sorry to dig up an old thread. But I've just bought a ve berlina and I'm on my greens. I was thinking of putting a SS exhaust system on it. Would that be illegal in regards to insurance? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers :)

No engine modifications on your P's.

Definition of probationary prohibited vehicle (from 1 July 2007)

A vehicle that:
-has an engine with eight cylinders or more, or
-has an engine that is turbocharged or supercharged (except those listed in the probationary vehicle database). There are also some lower powered turbocharged or supercharged vehicles which have been exempted and can be operated by a probationary driver who has been given an exemption by VicRoads. Refer to lower performance turbocharged or supercharged vehicles and the probationary vehicle database for more information
-has an engine that has been modified to increase the vehicle's performance (other than a modification made by the manufacturer in the course of the manufacture of the vehicle, or
-a nominated high performance six cylinder engine (refer to the probationary vehicle database).

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2

It'll be fine if it's just a stock SS system.