Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peer Presure(dont try this at home kids)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Brad:.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Clubsport
luckilly no checks were made they didnt even check the tyres
i should have good legal representation im expecting 12+months suspension and big fine or even a small jail term as there was a small gathering of 15-20 people around the street and it is clearly writen that i put every single one of their lives at risk which is true

I dont think you will get jail time, definately loss of license, could be more than a year? probabably comminity service of something. Are any of these people testifying against you.

VL_5SPEED

Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 Holden VL calais project
I remember about 4 years ago at the forshore being a passenger in a VN commodore doing single peggers around the roundabout near nobbys. The crowd loved it. Forshores **** now. Full of shitboxes.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
I remember about 4 years ago at the forshore being a passenger in a VN commodore doing single peggers around the roundabout near nobbys. The crowd loved it. Forshores **** now. Full of shitboxes.

same round about returning to the scene of the crime tommorow possibly with a camera need my own evidence as 5 or 6 cars did burnouts this night this 30+ meter burnout couldnt of come from my car as i do not have this sort of power 10 meter burnout maybe

Melissa

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT HBD
What happened to the Habitual Offender Law? My husband was caught speeding 3 times in 5 years (15ks + over), went to Court, was classified a Habitual Offender and was disqualified from 2000 - 2010. He learned his lesson...

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
well, i hope something good comes from this thread, while i am well over the "do a skid" part of my life, i hope that it will appeal to others that its just not worth it.
good luck, i do hope you get a break bud.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
What happened to the Habitual Offender Law? My husband was caught speeding 3 times in 5 years (15ks + over), went to Court, was classified a Habitual Offender and was disqualified from 2000 - 2010. He learned his lesson...

Hmm 10 year loss of license? bit steep for only going 15 + k's over...Down here in Vic we can go 24 k's over without losing license, still thats 3 points accrued and can accrue 12 before we lose our license over a period of 3 years. Your husband must have been doing other things as well as speeding to lose his license for 10 years...

Melissa

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT HBD
Hmm 10 year loss of license? bit steep for only going 15 + k's over...Down here in Vic we can go 24 k's over without losing license, still thats 3 points accrued and can accrue 12 before we lose our license over a period of 3 years. Your husband must have been doing other things as well as speeding to lose his license for 10 years...

Nothing else - just speeding. It happened when the Habitual Offender thing first came into effect in NSW. Because he was caught doing the same thing 3 times, it was an automatic 5 year disqualification, plus 5 years for the three offenses.

We ended up taking the matter to Court last year and had it quashed. The last Magistrate we spoke with said it was far too harsh, and he'd expect that result only if someone had been injured because of my husbands actions. He was told he should have been given the minimum Habitual Offender penalty of 3 years disqualification, with only a few months for each offense.

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
luckilly no checks were made they didnt even check the tyres
i should have good legal representation im expecting 12+months suspension and big fine or even a small jail term as there was a small gathering of 15-20 people around the street and it is clearly writen that i put every single one of their lives at risk which is true

i cant see you getting locked up for this mate, with all the drugs, assault and theft cases a newcastle judge would see in a day at court, your skid hopefully wont seem so bad in comparison (if they didnt take your car on the spot, the cops wouldnt have thought u were the worlds worst criminal)
people have been playing up on the foreshore for decades, i remember the first car to be confiscated permanently in newey was a 200B datto that did a 1min+ skid in the oil in the little carpark next to the lifesavers clubhouse at nobbys. that bloke was a moron and got what he deserved

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
well I'll give ya this, at least your coming back and appear to be taking on board what everyones saying whether you want to hear it or not.

I would say tho let this one be the lesson to you, who cares what the other people think on the other side of the roundabout, you know you have a powerful car, they know you have a powerful car, so why act like a d head to proove it to both people? Save it for skidpan days and the like.

I found it hard to get people interested for $300 incl photos and lunch and thats 8 hours of thrashtastic fun at a proper skidpan, yet its still cheaper then a fine/court apperance, you dont risk your licence or other peoples lives.

I realise theres nothing really up north but seriously there are better options to let the inner idiot out.

mking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged vs caprice sII
no chance of getting locked up, dude from my work was pissed, pulled out of a side street onto a main road done a 30m long double legger down the road lost control hit a parked car which made him lose control even more into head on traffic hit a car head on both write offs, injured the other person in the other car and didnt go to jail just a shitload of fines and a loss of license for a very long time oh and a loan for a vy ss to pay off cause of insurance void of being over the limit and a very guilty concions..........****n idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.