Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Playstation 3

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Why pay 1k for first gen when you can get a later generation model with support for both types of disc and it will play burnt.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
well im not getting one, i got a 360 and i doubt the ps3 will be worlds infront of it, also im no nerd so i can't even tell which graphics are better ( to me the 360 and the ps3 are exactly the same) the fact sony made it is enough for a NO...don't worry microsoft isn't much better but in my experience it's better then sony.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Just the steep price is putting me off from buying one.

Anyway my PC is better, thanks to the geforce 8800gts and intel core 2 duo, both over-clocked and I run my games to max detail.

So I don't see the need to get PS3 for the time being anyway. I just stick with the pc.

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
Back in the UK the first 100 who bought theirs on Oxford Street (London) got a 2500 POUND (thats like 6500 bucks) HD TV for FREE to go with it, as Sony wanted good publicity for the launch. Not content with that, they were then concerned that people might get beaten up and robbed on the way home, so all of them got a free cab ride home too. Lucky beggars

:edit:

Oh and speaking of PS3's, this game sells it to me.... Now I need to find a grand before September :D
http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/776/776136p1.html

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
I wouldnt mind a PS3

I got the PS1 when within the first week it came out, same with the PS2, this time I'll wait a little while...

And does it have its own version of Second Life? =|

That Second Life is freaky as hell man.... We looked at it in our digitial communication lecture last week... I was just... yeah.. just freaky lol

I wonder how much I can sell my PS1 & 2 for along with the games I got... Hmm

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
I wouldnt mind a PS3

I got the PS1 when within the first week it came out, same with the PS2, this time I'll wait a little while...

And does it have its own version of Second Life? =|

That Second Life is freaky as hell man.... We looked at it in our digitial communication lecture last week... I was just... yeah.. just freaky lol

I wonder how much I can sell my PS1 & 2 for along with the games I got... Hmm

E B Games has a thing where you give them your PS2 and 20 games and you can buy a ps 3 for $699. Still sounds like a rip.

Sonys version of Second Life is call HOME.

Bassically, Home is a 3D avatar-based environment simular to Second Life but very scaled back. It's supposed to be free to users of the PS 3 network, but you have to download it although its also supposed to be free. I think a beta lunch is in April and will launch publicly in the 3rd quater of this year. It will have a main public area known as the "Central Lobby," and you can use text, audio or video chatting as some of the features. It's said that you can watch high-def videos in Home on the PS3 network.

Wait and see I suppose.

-UNKNOWN-

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 VR S2 BT1 5 Speed, N13 Pulsar Vector
Anyways I rekon its sh!t hot! Got the GT HD download... Very nice! Also I have a HD tv with the HDMI cable so it looks sweet as! $50 for the damn cable though... what a joke.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
too bloody dear, can't justify it .

pendulum

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore (50th An.), Holden Cruze CDX Diesel
Nah they ditched it so it could have tilt sensors.

Stupid move IMO.

Actually they did kinda get sued as it uses another companies technology and they breached licensing somewhere along the line, so the early PS3's don't have vibration, but it seems they'll have sorted out licensing in a month or two and once they resolve the tilt sensor/rumble pad but (they interfere with each other) they'll release controllers with the rumble :p
http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/08/sony-shows-off-the-real-ps3-controller/
http://www.engadget.com/2005/03/27/sony-forced-to-stop-selling-dual-shock-controllers/

EDIT: BTW DANS S4, the TV that the brits got wasn't actually 2500 pounds, more like 1200 ($3500 odd) :p
http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=bravia+46"

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!