Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter with CAI on a VR/VS

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have seen dyno tests that showed a pod filter is no better than a standard paper panel filter.

Wouldnt that depend on the car and its other mods?

in either case a high flow filter should always make some improvement even if it can be measured in fractions.

Im changing my Pod for a high flow panel filter, with the CAI on my VS that should be nice, ill do the exhaust when I can afford it a 2.5 inch cat back as well.

Might even get some more economy under light footed driving.

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
I have seen dyno tests that showed a pod filter is no better than a standard paper panel filter.

sure you have....prove it, post up the dyno graphs.
oh. but thats right, it was a friend of a mate of a monkey that did the dyno run and his printer wasnt working that day so i didnt get a copy of the dyno graph...
what a rediculous thing to say man. how on earth could you come to that conclusion - its all relative. if the car in question is a stock charade then the difference between both types of filters would be minimal. however if you were to chuck a turbo or two on the charade then the increase in airflow from a pod would be benifitial and show relative hp gains.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
lol I cant stop laughing Pete :)

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
can everyone F^&(*# off to there own thread to fight and argue......

I'll say it once more ^@&*()^@*)& ^&()@^Y)(@ ()@^&*(&*(^&@^!^&!)(!^%@#!$#!%$#!%@!# @!#%^&@%$#&@#

OFF!

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
sure you have....prove it, post up the dyno graphs.
oh. but thats right, it was a friend of a mate of a monkey that did the dyno run and his printer wasnt working that day so i didnt get a copy of the dyno graph...
what a rediculous thing to say man. how on earth could you come to that conclusion - its all relative. if the car in question is a stock charade then the difference between both types of filters would be minimal. however if you were to chuck a turbo or two on the charade then the increase in airflow from a pod would be benifitial and show relative hp gains.
It was in a magazine a few years ago. It was on a VL commodore and they tested a couple pod filters versus the stock panel filter. I will have a search for the article for you.

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
i'd just like to know where you bought a pod that small the only ones ive been able to find are huge.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ummm... its only slightly smaller then the K&N and I found it at Autobarn :p

crazzyboy_16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec Wagon
thats an awesome mod!!!!! very good way of makin aa pod filter cheap and legal