Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter with CAI on a VR/VS

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Should be legal I think, pod filters themselves aren't illegal as far as I understand . . . just that most people don't mount them properly. A sealed pod should be fine I'm fairly sure...
Sam

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
thats right, most people get busted because they dont clamp the pod down to the man body, if u do that- or as this tut shows 'hide' it, u'll b fine

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
yep, the unsupported pod is what'll run you into trouble. Perhaps they're at a risk of falling off under cornering or something... don't know, just that if you use an appropriate bracket for support you'll generally be OK.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
any time, I would like to once agian point out AbbaFan is correct a Naturally aspirated vehicle needs nothing more then a high flow panel filter and a cool air intake, however as pods can be quite cheap to come by, this can be a cheap workaround.

I am currently running a high flow panel filter and CAI and its the best intake system ive used yet.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I have on my car, what abbafan said earlier (pod mounted in my front bar where it catches the full force of the air through my VP senator front bar. It's all bolted up properley to the bottom of the airbox. Works a bloody treat. The filter just needs to be cleaned a bit more regulary.

craig_maxfield

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina HSV
is it true that if you move the air temp sensor that too the air box it will make the car run betteR?

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
the airtemp sensor is in the airbox. best to leave the airtemp sensor where it is, or if you do move it put it somewhere else along the plenum pipe, it is important to control the correct air/fuel ratio, you wouldn't want to run rich and waste fuel for possibly less power.