Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

Kingey69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 WH Statesman
Nice looking box there mate, is that small red cable coming from underneath the amp the power cable?? (6th pic). If so, man you need to get some proper power cabling.....you went with good subs and a good box, dont skimp on the rest.....buy a decent monoblock to power those subs and get a 4AWG power cable kit. Trust me, it'll sound 10x better ;)

I understand those amps were cheap, but if you keep your eyes out on Ebay you can find a decent 400-600wrms monoblock there for a hundred or two.

Doing it on a tight budget, because im saving for a new road bike. I have just got another job, so im working 2 jobs now. More money to spend on her and therefore obtain better parts as I go. I wired up the right hand amp with a amp wiring kit, and then tapped the 2nd amps wiring into the 1st amps lol. and to make matters worse, its not ever wire, its actually speaker cord. hahahahahhahaa, does the job though, relatively good.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Doing it on a tight budget, because im saving for a new road bike. I have just got another job, so im working 2 jobs now. More money to spend on her and therefore obtain better parts as I go. I wired up the right hand amp with a amp wiring kit, and then tapped the 2nd amps wiring into the 1st amps lol. and to make matters worse, its not ever wire, its actually speaker cord. hahahahahhahaa, does the job though, relatively good.

Speaker cable??? Mate you risk melting the wire and causing a fire!! Not worth it.

Go to any store that sells car audio gear. 2m of 4-gauge will cost less than $10 and a distribution block will also cost less than $10. Don't risk yours life to skimp out of twenty bucks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X Wagon
And even if you don't want to spend cash on a distribution block you can do the dodgy with some ring terminals and a bolt, plus some tape to insulate it all. But damn, speaker wire=/=power wire. Bad, bad plan.

alt4.jpg

This is my box. Home made, but will be starting again soon as this one isn't big enough. Needs to be deeper, and I'll be moving the amp so I can use all of the space for the subs. Also making the next one out of 18mm rather than 12mm. Amp is an Eaudio1000D, 1000wRMS at 1ohm, stable. 2 Alpine SWS-1242D subs, 300wRMS, dual 4ohm voice coils. Wired parallel-parallel, so I've got up to 500wRMS for each sub coming from the amp daily. Rarely have it up that high though as the alternator can't handle it, even though it's an 85amp alt upgraded from 35 from the factory.

Have some RF splits, P162S, 2 tweeters per mid, in VS door pods. Unfortunately these are run off the HU as I am waiting on a 4 channel amp.
pod1.jpg

1 tweeter is mounted coaxially, with the other tweeter hidden in the air con vents. Not perfect sound stage wise, but hidden fairly well and with the VS pods painted it looks fairly original to those who don't know much about Commodores. Just need some tan vynil to trim the section that used to be carpetted and they're done.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Those pods came out really well, and as you say with some tan vinyl inserts it'll look great!

Well done, just build that new box and cover it will something and youve got a very nice looking system ;)

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
HU: DEH-5750MP
speakers: Pioneer TS-A1702C front and back doors w/tweeters
subs: 2xclarion 12 inch subs 350?rms each
Mono Amp Clarion APX1300 400?rms

in the mail as we speak: Kenwood KAC-9104D 900 rms mono amp
wanting to get: 2ch for front speakers

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
air is gettin sucked out. New air gets pulled in thru the vents in the side of sub basket. Its workin 20deg drop. Hotest its got since i done it is 49deg now. Better than havin hot coils aye so it cant hurt it. My amps didnt like hot sub. That main reason i did it.

It's actually a very cool setup, in spite of appearances. Electronics do not like heat at all and the cooler you can get them the longer they'll last.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Still may make it last that little bit longer with 20deg less in the coils.

Today goin to buy a new amp, Soundstream Dtower im thinkin of gettin, but always comes down to wat they got..

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Went n seen ol will @ gold coast car sound this arvo, placed my order for new amp n sub.

Goin for this soundstream amp D Tower Series DTR1.2200D

Then figured i get another Xtype 12" so i got a pair of dem puppies

Should have it all by the 10th, such i good feelin spending best part of 2k on stezza stuff