Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left.. why?

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Hi Harry,

As per the posts above, I think (in my case, at least), my issue may be attributed to a structural defect which occurred during the front ender that my car had prior to me purchasing it. It has gotten progressively worse over time. This may be something worth checking out on your end, as well?

Can anyone recommend a place at which I could get potential structural problems investigated? Would a place like Pedders be able to handle such a task?

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
Maniac, do you get any inside wear with only 1.3mm of toe in i'm finding that up here in cq we're putting in about 2mm?!

With half a degree negative camber +1.3mm doesn't wear the inside edge, I usually work off the camber to set how much toe it needs.

jameswh, the specs doesn't really show why its pulling to the left. The castor is good, it has very little toe which means its going to wear the inside of the tyres a little and the camber I would .20 more negative camber on the left hand side.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
double post

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
i'm having the same issues in my vy ss srz1, you let go off the steering wheel on a dead straight road and it pulls left straight away, iv had numerous alignments, and adjusted the steering wheel to the right more my self, but none of this has worked, as i'm a mechanic i was able to watch the guy at the local tyre joint do the last alignment, he set the settings to the same as what maniac said he sets them too.

still pulled and this is when i adjusted it to the right my self, but no difference really, i have to do the bushes mentioned in the first post as mine are worn, so hoping that works, but by the sounds of it this seems to be a bit of a vy issue lately,

i was just thinking could the k-frame be out of alignment???????

may have been dropped to do something in its earlier life as in to replace something at holden under warranty or non warranty and not put back exactly were it came from, i know when we drop k-frames on the european cars i work on we have to use a special jig setup to re-align the k-frames properly.
just thinking may not have been aligned properly some where in its life, also then is there any way of aligning these properly through holden or somewhere else?????????

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Have you guys looked at the tie-rod ends?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yep replaced them, first thing i did to get rid of a steering wobble, still steers left after the alignment i had done for it, but wobble was gone :D

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
replaced my shot suspension bushes today at work, had an alignment done straight after, heaps firmer and smoother to drive but still pulls to the left, going to try and rotate tyres left to right as suggested by tyre joint and see how that go's.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I'm no expert, but I had an intimate experience with a gutter recently and afterwards my VY pulled to the left also. I had pedders give it the full check over and amongst other things, they replaced the steering rack as it had been damaged by the impact. I know its an expensive road to go down if you arent sure, but barring all other options, it just might be the cause of the problem.

Wiser members than me, please feel free to explain why I'm wrong if that is the case :)