Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Recommended Oil for Ecotec V6

Status
Not open for further replies.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Yes some maybe & im aware that STORE ryco filters arnt made there but as i said my mechanic has his made to a higher standard in the USA

He has contacts through RYCO so basically its like a custom filter with the right size required

Every package he has "Made in USA" and the filtering capabilities are alot better than the standard ones

My mechanic doesnt use cheap crap

Parts, oils etc are either made in

Australia,Germany,USA, United Kingdom,
Even with electrics basically everything is made in China as we know but he has his made elsewhere as i said above but there more expensive i really dont care for peace of mind

Mate, you mechanic is taking ****. There's no way he is paying to have filters "made for him". As Morton said, ryco haven't manufactured filters in the states for over 15 years.

Holden-Owner

Holden-Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Holden Statesman WH 3.8L Supercharged V6
Mate, you mechanic is taking ****. There's no way he is paying to have filters "made for him". As Morton said, ryco haven't manufactured filters in the states for over 15 years.

My mechanic doesnt talk **** my mum has been going to him for 22 years and not once has he talked **** to her he may be expensive but sells good stuff

My mechanic knows things that others dont considering he use to be a mechanic for Rolls-Royce in the 80's-90's then he came out to australia and is a mechanic that knows what is what !

Holden-Owner

Holden-Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
lmfao Ryco made in the USA? Hahaha no. That stuff's going to be rubbish. You'll find the good Z154 filters are going to be made in China. We've had many filters cross-sectioned, and the Chinese and Taiwanese filters are by far superior in terms of assembly of the sprung filter mass, pleating of the filter mass, and welding around the case pleats.

It's just not a bad thing any more.

That said, buy Wesfil where you can. Owned by the same company as Ryco (GUD Holdings), manufactured in the same places, and to the same standards for most of the common filters. Half the price.

I'll put it to you this way:

In the last 6 years in the industry, I've had between 30-40 Ryco filters back for warranty, and 2 Wesfil that I can remember (mind you we sell easily 400% more volume in Wesfil). Ryco is all about marketing. Period. You're not paying for a superior product - you're paying for adverts on the radio, adverts in newspapers, adverts in magazines, adverts and billboards in workshops, and shiny boxes with nice print on them.

I can name three aftermarket parts we sell that come from the USA now: AC Delco spark plugs, Champion spark plugs, and a few other Ignition accessories. All have a bad reputation in the industry for being crap. Just think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Saturn/Cadillac. Not names associated with quality.

Just my two cents :)

Well honestly when it comes to money i dont care how much something costs im not a cheap skate when it comes to parts i spend $135 on 6 spark plugs for god sake so what

Money im not tight with im

By the way i own 2 early-mid 90's cadillacs and they are the closest thing you get to a Rolls-Royce they are the last of the good caddies

They are extreamly well built and both have less than 40,000 original k's the 1991 model has all solid body parts not fibreglass the 1995 one has some fibreglass parts but there minor inside the 1991 model it has about 4 plastic parts throughout the interior otherwise its all real quality things

The kings of the luxury automotive industry are proven to be "Cadillac & Rolls-Royce"

Cadillac was out before ford

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Lol. I'm glad I made that comment about Ryco filters.

tCp90.gif

Holden-Owner

Holden-Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
lmfao Ryco made in the USA? Hahaha no. That stuff's going to be rubbish. You'll find the good Z154 filters are going to be made in China. We've had many filters cross-sectioned, and the Chinese and Taiwanese filters are by far superior in terms of assembly of the sprung filter mass, pleating of the filter mass, and welding around the case pleats.

It's just not a bad thing any more.

That said, buy Wesfil where you can. Owned by the same company as Ryco (GUD Holdings), manufactured in the same places, and to the same standards for most of the common filters. Half the price.

I'll put it to you this way:

In the last 6 years in the industry, I've had between 30-40 Ryco filters back for warranty, and 2 Wesfil that I can remember (mind you we sell easily 400% more volume in Wesfil). Ryco is all about marketing. Period. You're not paying for a superior product - you're paying for adverts on the radio, adverts in newspapers, adverts in magazines, adverts and billboards in workshops, and shiny boxes with nice print on them.

I can name three aftermarket parts we sell that come from the USA now: AC Delco spark plugs, Champion spark plugs, and a few other Ignition accessories. All have a bad reputation in the industry for being crap. Just think Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Saturn/Cadillac. Not names associated with quality.

Just my two cents :)

If your going to compare something make sure you have experienced the amazing features that come with the 90's Cadillac's the V8's especially mine are both equiped with are truely stunning in every aspect

Holden-Owner

Holden-Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Every engine made is different even tho they may look, sound, etc all the same some are better built than some and mine is a well built one it doesnt leak or have issues with the oil filter unlike some

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
LOL WUT? Yeah right. Enjoy your stay. Don't think it will be a long one.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Well honestly when it comes to money i dont care how much something costs im not a cheap skate
pssssst you wanna buy a bridge? gota great deal for you...only problem... its in Brooklyn USA :hiding:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Holden owner rememeber more expensive isnt always better lol and 135 bucks for 6 plugs your getting ripped, i pay less then that for 8 and they do the job more then enough

Holden-Owner

Holden-Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden owner rememeber more expensive isnt always better lol and 135 bucks for 6 plugs your getting ripped, i pay less then that for 8 and they do the job more then enough

I only will use Bosch plugs

I use Bosch "Platinum Ir-Fusion" spark plugs there like $23 each
i notice a very much improved power delievery

Status
Not open for further replies.