Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Redline v SV Black

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
$10k over the $63k discount SV Black price is at the cost of the LSA Clubbies for sale on carsales.

Again, if I'd be having any of the non-LSA HSV packs coming out and upgrading with a blower it would be the Track Edition Clubbie that's got the GTS brake package and track tuned suspension.

Agree Flukey, the seats are such a draw, they're so much better than the Redline seats.
Upgrading to HSV seats costs $3300 at Tekno FYI. I'm thinking of doing this to my MY17 Redline.
The 400kw power pack and HSV seats comes in at around $10k. Expensive but then you have the equivalent of a LSA HSV.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
$10k over the $63k discount SV Black price is at the cost of the LSA Clubbies for sale on carsales.

Again, if I'd be having any of the non-LSA HSV packs coming out and upgrading with a blower it would be the Track Edition Clubbie that's got the GTS brake package and track tuned suspension.

I'll be starting with a Redline though not the HSV Black.
I assume a good blower package would cost far more than $6k right? From memory people have spent $15k or more, but granted you get far more performance.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
But without the extra kw's.
Yeah but they're HSV kilowatts ... by the time you even get your car, an HSV kilowatt has degraded to being les than a Holden kilowatt, who's to say the HSV kilowatts won't depreciated to half a Holden one before you sell the car?!

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
Do the HSV Black editions use the same driveline as the rest of the HSV (excluding GTS) line up? Stronger transmission and differential, but without the 1900 blower obviously. If so, could be good for those that want to add their own 2300 unit and have the better set up without worry the Hoden driveline won't hold up.

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
One Dealer informed me that the transmission (Manual) on SV Black were the same as SSV-Redline.

OzTurtle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Redline
If it's the same gearbox and clutch, then stick with the Redline.

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The black editions get the same drivetrain as the SS Commodores.
Only LSA powered cars get the beefed up driveline.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
So a SV Black is a redline with a body kit and suspension? And a tune?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
So a SV Black is a redline with a body kit and suspension? And a tune?
Basically. Different exhaust, slightly bigger brakes, body kit, slightly different suspension, and a higher insurance premium. And offensive hsv prices for spare parts.

Oh, and we can't forget the all important sticker pack!