Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Refused Insurance to drive VE SV6

newton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl supercharged
yeah i agree with David
my first car was a sigma. gutless, poor handling but was tidy. Best decision i ever made! just silly little inexperienced mistakes that i made in that car would have been devostating if i did it in a brand new VE, but because it was in a 1k car ya can just shug it of and laugh haha

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
Nothing Unsafe about a VK or Vs.

Cars won't kill you stupid mistakes will.

Hmmm... so a 5-star ANCAP safety rating means nothing to you then? I'd much rather be in a VE with airbags than a VK with nothing if some hoon or out-of-control driver was flying towards me from the opposite side of the road!!!

Nothing but prejudice.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Agreed with the above comment. I'd rather spend the extra $$ and LIVE rather then trust the other idiots on the road.

RazzaCaine

Long Gone Now
Reaction score
Members Ride
---
Nothing Unsafe about a VK or Vs.

Cars won't kill you stupid mistakes will.

i did a defensive driving course a couple of weeks back and one of the points the instructor made was that air bags, abs, traction control, stability control etc are only safe in the event of a crash. the rest of the time theyre useless added weight to the car. a car isnt safe or unsafe, its the driver that is safe or unsafe. knowing how to handle a car in a wide range of situations is the key

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
your first car HAS to be an old klunker- you learn how to drive it, maintain it with cheap gear etc etc etc, plus ur bound to race/rally/roll it. My first car was an 86 telstar, but i slowly worked up- now i have a vz sedan, there's no rush going for the newest shiniest thing out there- think of the cost of insurance/rego/SERVICING/etc, plus if cops spot a VE SV6 with giant chrome rims and P plates- they are bound to watch ya.

yeah i agree with David
my first car was a sigma. gutless, poor handling but was tidy. Best decision i ever made! just silly little inexperienced mistakes that i made in that car would have been devostating if i did it in a brand new VE, but because it was in a 1k car ya can just shug it of and laugh haha

BONUS POINTS

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I've never been pulled over, and I'm a pplater SV6 driver. Much more likely to pull over an older VN as they have a pretty bad rep with p's

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
Hmmm... so a 5-star ANCAP safety rating means nothing to you then? I'd much rather be in a VE with airbags than a VK with nothing if some hoon or out-of-control driver was flying towards me from the opposite side of the road!!!

Nothing but prejudice.

crash a 4wd into that VE and say that again.

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
plus if cops spot a VE SV6 with giant chrome rims and P plates- they are bound to watch ya

I've never been pulled over, and I'm a pplater SV6 driver. Much more likely to pull over an older VN as they have a pretty bad rep with p's

Haha yea you guys forget that I live in New Zealand and we only have to wear L plates when on our learners after we get our restricted no more plates :)