Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

remedies to stop stress!!!!!!!!!!!!

kane88

Reaction score
Members Ride
bf xr6 daily, vl project, wb ute project
Join your local gym.
Stress is gone abd by the time you're done you have no trouble falling asleep.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
If there is nothing you can do about your problems, then you have to put yourself in that mindset.

I learnt how to do this years ago and it has saved me from many nights of worrying.

Something else we learnt when doing fatigue training in the mines, have a shower around 30-40 minutes before going to bed - the hot water raises body temp which releases the sleep chemical (can't remember the name).

Also read a book before bed to take your mind off things - its a great way to pass out.

Use sleeping pills as last resort.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Go for a walk, don't listen to angry music, shut out thoughts that make you think hard. Think positively and think of peaceful things. And most of all, don't think about the thing that is making you stressed!

AusGuru

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Wagon
Follow the simple steps Matt_VP has suggested and you will find your life getting back on track.

Panya

Im..a..BANaNnA!!11!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II 3.8Ltr
(puts on flam suit coz i know alot of you will dissagree) have you tried medicating with mother nature?? smoke a joint one arv and your cares will fade, marijuana has a chemical in it called "***it" you could be worrying about anything, hit the j one time and see if it doesnt change your perspective on life, your cares will fade, you will be relaxed beyond comprehension, and you will have one of the best sleeps ever. Dont be discouraged by properganda about marijuana being bad for you, the united states have made marijuana legal for medical purposes since 2004 in many states and not one marijuana related death or hospitilisation has occured. You cant OD on it, at worst you will eat abit more outa fridge than you thought possible.

nothing else in the world will give you the benifits that m.j delivers, to totally escape and wind down from your busy day to day lifestyle. if your worried bout drug testing for work purposes, drink plenty of fluids and buy a pack of urils and smash them, even a seasond smoker will be cleansed after 2 days of hitting the urils flat.

your other option, man made anti depressents and sleeping pills, but thats just how i see it.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Brauer Sleep & Insomnia relief is great, and all natural.

Other than that try to think of other things before going to sleep, I know when I was having issues sleeping and HAD to sleep (coz I was working night shift) I'd imagine I was out horse riding etc, day dreaming but about somethign that really relaxes you.

Other than that, relaxation tapes, yoga etc I have fallen asleep soooo many times after doing yoga, they instruct you to relax one muscle at a time and try to get you to feel things like warm sun, sand, sounds of waves etc etc. Works a treat, same goes for a good hard workout at a gym of a night.

Speak with your GP, if your in serious trouble and the stress is really getting you down anti depressants could be the way to go, although they don't exactly help you sleep to start off with, its more like taking speed at first.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
You need to talk to your Doctor or even look in the yellow pages as there are a tremendous amount of free help services out there.

Do not resort to drug taking (legal or illegal) or alcohol use.

Panya: Please do not promote illegal drug use on a family forum. You are entitled to your belief that using illegal drugs are not bad for you, but that is only because you wish to justify your use. There is way too much factual and medical study to show that it has long term effects.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Sex, best stress relief.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
You are entitled to your belief that using illegal drugs are not bad for you, but that is only because you wish to justify your use. There is way too much factual and medical study to show that it has long term effects.

Just because its 'illegal' doesnt mean its bad for you. Well, its not completely good for you either. But alcohol is far more harmful. So is tobacco. But thats 'legal' so everythings ok :axe:. Im not sticking up for it because Im a regular user (on the rare occasion I dont mind a little bit). I just hate it when people jump the gun and flame it for being bad solely because its 'illegal'. Its illegal because its too hard to control therefore most of it cant be taxed. :)

SAFER - Alcohol vs. Marijuana

Im not having a go at alcohol either. But I WILL NOT touch tobacco. Ever. Most foul, toxic, pointless substance know to man...

Aaanyway, back to topic I guess.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Marijuana might not stuff you up if you use it once in a while over a faily short amount of time, but if if your get stressed enough to need it often it _will_ stuff your mind up badly in ways that can never be repaired. So it's good advice to just not go there