Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Selling R34 GTT for a SS?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
Id be keen to hear from a heap of members who have had brand new 6.0 engines with piston slap,so put your hands up if you have?
Would have to be a heap of people to be on an even keel with the ls3,so many more 6.0 out there.
The fact that ls3 owners think piston slap is acceptable is just silly talk :eek:
never had piston slap LS1/LS3 the only noise is when warm IAC valve hums on off like a clock keeping time..

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Id be keen to hear from a heap of members who have had brand new 6.0 engines with piston slap,so put your hands up if you have?
Would have to be a heap of people to be on an even keel with the ls3,so many more 6.0 out there.
The fact that ls3 owners think piston slap is acceptable is just silly talk :eek:

The compromise in that case is that anything with 6.0L would be older than 6.2L commodores.
Also, I think VF II SS looks better than VF I, but that's a bit subjective...

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Also, I think VF II SS looks better that VF I but that's a bit subjective...
Yeah that's definitely subjective, remove the wheels and 99.9% of people couldn't tell the difference unless you parked them side by side. :)

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Yeah that's definitely subjective, remove the wheels and 99.9% of people couldn't tell the difference unless you parked them side by side. :)

While i own a series 1 I am torn, I like the fog lamps on the S1, but in some ways i like the wider looking profile of the SII, Budget decided it for me at the time though :)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS

I was mainly thinking about the front bar and bonnet vents

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
I def think s2 do look nicer than s1.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
While i own a series 1 I am torn, I like the fog lamps on the S1, but in some ways i like the wider looking profile of the SII, Budget decided it for me at the time though :)
I think the Series 1 SS bumper is a bit more HSV like than Series 2 and has nicer lines. I think Series 1 with fog lights and black trim instead of chrome with a Series 2 vented bonnet would have best aesthetics. What's better about Series 2 is it's the later version of VF and the last production but on pure looks, the Series 1 in my eyes is hard to beat!

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
For me the S1 and S2 are about even looks wise. I don't really like the shape of the drl surrounds on the S1, but mine is black so they don't stand out at all.

crew chief

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Turbo, WB Ute, VF 2300 Harrop
I like both, would of liked the series 2 for the LS3, bonnet vents and rear Brembos. There were a few variations with the Redlines too like mines a late series 1 so therefore series 2 type wheels that are forged and paddle shift but no DVD or flex fuel sensor as they stopped in the 2014. Just things to consider while looking. Some days I think the honeycomb style grill on series 2 looks better too other days meh.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Is the black on the Series 1 bumper metallic Phantom Black like the Series 2 or solid gloss black?

Holden-VF-Commodore-1-e1370587657231-625x356.jpg