Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shane Van Gisbergens New Chevrolet Camaro Toy Revealed

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I can understand it's hard to support those Kiwi's showing up the best of the talent you guys have.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I can understand it's hard to support those Kiwi's showing up the best of the talent you guys have.
Awwww ......... don't be like that.
Without Kiwis and Pacifcas the NRL would be 2nd rate club footy.

But SVG .......... meh. The circumstances surrounding his departure from Stone Bros, and Supercars 'retirement'. Well........ meh ? :rolleyes:

Supercars has evolved into a big $$ sport, centred around 'superstars'. Much more an expensive circus than Beechey, Jane, Moffat and Brock.
I was told first hand that a Newcastle based driver who had the talent and results missed out because of his inability to bring $$$ to the table.
He was always a Bathurst co-driver who was usually quicker than the main driver, and brought the car back to the pits in the same condition that he took it out.
Lack of sex appeal, personality differences, marketability ? ......... who knows other than him and his family ......... lack of $$$ and support was the big one.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
^^^^^^^^^ ........... that is the current problem.
Not a SVG fan, never have been. He inherited Moff's black hat.
And a promising driver shines for a brief period and is then replaced, or becomes an also-ran.
Drivers are like footy players ......... come, star, swap colours, leave.
I have never seen SVG in a good light either. Driving a Holden successfully didn't change my opinion. As for the Camaro/Mustang racing they can keep that as well. The old style racing, yes please.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Very true, the $$$ the driver brings to the team as sponsorship is as important as the talent.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
The Gen3s look great, but as "Aussie V8 Supercars", not much linkage anymore.

BTCC is much better for fuller fields, better racing and independents winning. Just need a V8 soundtrack dubbed over.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
[/URL]

1676760917624.jpg
Now they just need to actually sell them here. Might as well be racing a Toyota Tacoma which would have about the same relevance here in Australia.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Seems to good ole boy Camaro V8 coupe is on death row, according to latest motoring crystal ballers.
Makes it more irrelevant to Australia and Supercars. ( Bring back the Monaro. :))

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Seems to good ole boy Camaro V8 coupe is on death row, according to latest motoring crystal ballers.
Makes it more irrelevant to Australia and Supercars. ( Bring back the Monaro. :))
I first heard of this quite a while ago. The Camaro sales are well down on the Mustang and Challenger. Challenger sales 55,060. Mustang sales 47,566 and the Camaro 24,652. However I understood the Camaro was due to exit anyway. Who knows perhaps the next Camaro will EV.

I can't quite imagine EV racing somehow.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I can't quite imagine EV racing somehow.
I can.
Eyes closed, sitting on a beach somewhere in the shade of a tree, listening to the gentle swoosh of the waves, and breathing the fresh air.
Ahhh ... the serenity, the calmness, the peacefulness ..................... the lack of excitement, :( ................