Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I have advised them that their is a November MY15 model with the cameras and was advised that it is probably a MY16 but if I can provide the vin or more information they will look into it.
If it's a November 2015 build, it's going to be MY16, the MY16 was released September 2015 (and while there will be cars registered after then, anything built after then will be VF2).

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
How do you know these are maps software versions? Where did you find those?
I will have to take a Note where they came from but It was under Maps.
Look tomorrow for you

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a Reply from Holden regard the MAPS and POI's buy I'm Puzzles as I explained 3 TIMES that we had a MY15 August Built 2015 SV6
The Reply was ::::

Dear ???????,

Thanks for your enquiry, its taken me a few days to find the information for you, the bulletin for the maps update has only come out today.

So the update for your vehcile MY16, says that you already have drivers alerts and that the new update will have a camera alert, that performs the same as School zones and railway crossing and wil appear in the same menu as other driver alerts.

Please be aware that the maps are only updated to the end of 2015 so anything built after that date would not show up. The maps and alerts are also just a driver aid, they are not there to take over any driver control, so you still have to obey the road signs and road laws.

At the earliest convenience, should you wish to discuss matters further, please contact the undersigned on 1800 033 349, quoting the above mentioned reference number.

Yours sincerely,
??????
Holden Customer Care

I will be Ringing Tomorrow

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it's a November 2015 build, it's going to be MY16, the MY16 was released September 2015 (and while there will be cars registered after then, anything built after then will be VF2).
Hummmmmmm .. Find out tomorrow, Maybe the Reply was NOT WRONG!!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
From my post in another thread.
I think I may have a clue that explains the confusion re Mylink/maps/POIs. My Dec 2013 build Calais has the latest Mylink installed (has rear camera lines etc) and the new map. It was puzzling why Camera POIs were only available for 2016/17 and some late 2015 builds even though I have the latest software for my VIN. Then it dawned on me that on my Mylink screens I have a CD icon (naturally as I have a CD) but then they dropped the CD and hence had to drop the CD option from Mylink. So the CD/no CD software must be different. Maybe a way of determining if you can get the Camera POI/Driver alert option is to just ask if the car has a CD player or not. Or am I on the wrong track?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
From my post in another thread.
I think I may have a clue that explains the confusion re Mylink/maps/POIs. My Dec 2013 build Calais has the latest Mylink installed (has rear camera lines etc) and the new map. It was puzzling why Camera POIs were only available for 2016/17 and some late 2015 builds even though I have the latest software for my VIN. Then it dawned on me that on my Mylink screens I have a CD icon (naturally as I have a CD) but then they dropped the CD and hence had to drop the CD option from Mylink. So the CD/no CD software must be different. Maybe a way of determining if you can get the Camera POI/Driver alert option is to just ask if the car has a CD player or not. Or am I on the wrong track?

You could be on to something there, although I believe the MY16/17 WN Caprice still has a CD player and would have speed camera alerts too.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, my 7/2016 GEN-F2 GTS has a CD and no speed camera option in Mylink, only school zones and railways. Note that there is no CD option shown in any of the menus, but it has a CD/DVD drive, and when you insert a CD/DVD it works. I have been told a number of times by the dealer and Holden Customer Care that the speed camera option was removed for VF and VF2. I note from previous posts that others have been told that the camera option is not available for pre-2016 cars but is available for post-2016 cars. There seems to be no consistency whatsoever in the information that we are being provided.

Last edited:

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Yeah, it's all over the shop.

It surprises me a little that these forums aren't monitored by GMH or individual dealers, or employees with access to info, who could (anonymously, if they wish) provide a few facts about different issues.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
How do you know these are maps software versions? Where did you find those?
If I'm right ==config/radio setting/software settings/software version Information.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yeah, it's all over the shop.

It surprises me a little that these forums aren't monitored by GMH or individual dealers, or employees with access to info, who could (anonymously, if they wish) provide a few facts about different issues.
I think its more the matter that the dealers and Holden technicians don't actually have an answer as they don't know themselves.

Its the actual developers who have access to the update files which need to make the changes and push the updates so the dealers (And techs) get it sorted :)