Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras in POI (no alert)

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I just got good news from Holden customer care. After two days of investigation. I was told that my August/ September Built SV6 can have the Full Update for maps and POI's
(Email Below)
Dear ??????? ME,

Thanks for the conversation, great to finally speak to you.

As discussed, even though your vehicles built date was in September 2015, the model year of your vehicle is 2016. Which means the update you requested is available.

When you book into the dealership ask them for the new map update and ask them to update the radio software to IP32 as well. This will then give you everything you need.

At the earliest convenience, should you wish to discuss matters further, please contact the undersigned on 1800 033 349, quoting the above mentioned reference number.

Yours sincerely,
"What a Great Man that will help an Old man continually forgetting where the 8 school are around our area"
Holden Customer Care

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
As discussed, even though your vehicles built date was in September 2015, the model year of your vehicle is 2016. Which means the update you requested is available.

When you book into the dealership ask them for the new map update and ask them to update the radio software to IP32 as well. This will then give you everything you need.

So its looking very much like series 2 MY2016 and later (September 2015 onward) can support Cameras in POI but series 1 MY2015 (up to end August 2015) and earler cannot.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
So its looking very much like series 2 MY2016 and later (September 2015 onward) can support Cameras in POI but series 1 MY2015 (up to end August 2015) and earler cannot.
Our SV6 is September 2015 Series 1 Yes series 1. By the look at it September 2015 is the cut off for this. I must have repeated this that the car is 2015 Series 1 6 time and Holden C C said NO I'm going on your Vin Number your car it entitled for the map update plus Railways and Schools zones + other POI.

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
Our SV6 is September 2015 Series 1 Yes series 1. By the look at it September 2015 is the cut off for this. I must have repeated this that the car is 2015 Series 1 6 time and Holden C C said NO I'm going on your Vin Number your car it entitled for the map update plus Railways and Schools zones + other POI.
Interesting. Sounds positive for you. Will it be long before you get yours updated and know for sure?
My SV6 is Aug 15 and I reckon I'll get a service in the next month or so. I'll pursue the update too and report back if still relevant.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Interesting. Sounds positive for you. Will it be long before you get yours updated and know for sure?
My SV6 is Aug 15 and I reckon I'll get a service in the next month or so. I'll pursue the update too and report back if still relevant.
I wont be getting it till about 2 Months as have to spend money on the House First.
Yes House comes first and the Cars come second for this

saroadie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm
I wont be getting it till about 2 Months as have to spend money on the House First.
Yes House comes first and the Cars come second for this
Haha yep. Fair enough. Personally I wouldn't bother unless due for a service, which I am. Sat nav has been good so far, each of the 3 times I've needed it.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
I think its more the matter that the dealers and Holden technicians don't actually have an answer as they don't know themselves.

Its the actual developers who have access to the update files which need to make the changes and push the updates so the dealers (And techs) get it sorted :)

Sure, I get that the dealers don't know but it seems to me that we should be able to ring a dealer get a software/map version number and compare it against the software/map versions in our Mylink.

Or maybe we can?

I'll find out tomorrow...

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
What is the easiest way to tell I have the latest map version? Is there a software number for the latest map?

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Done it today and I need a Map update as most of the New streets are not there. Speed warning is OK except for some late change to NEW Main Road School that are Speed (NEW SCHOOL Speed Dropped from 80 to 60KPH)
Good to see you at least had access to the feature.

BOOF308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega 2008
I got a free update today as part of my 1 month inspection on my 2016 Redline ute. I know before this update I had no speed camera option but now I get alerts.

Attachments

• IMAG1229.jpg
    IMAG1229.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMAG1230.jpg
    IMAG1230.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 225