Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Stolen Hilux Wheels

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

For the last 3 days at work, I have been doing some major repairs to a Toyota Hilux 4WD. Anyway, on Wednesday, I lifted it up on the hoist and pulled all the wheels off. Then I placed all the wheels in the back and they were not visible. The ute has a tray on the back with gates which were higher then the wheels.

So after that, I lifted it up on the hoist again and started doing the repairs, then when it was time to go home, lifted it up on the hoist as far as it could go.

Came to work on Thursday, lowered the car about half way because I was working on the brakes and had to install a new knuckle kit. I didn't end up finishing it that day (still had rear brakes to do) so I lifted it up again and went home.

Today, got to work, car was still on the hoist where I left it, then about 2 hours after I started working on it, I put lowered the car down so I could get the wheels and wheel nuts and rear brake drums, only to find that all 4 wheels were gone!

At first, I thought nothing of it. I actually thought that my boss took them out and sent them to get new tyres fitted or something, but I didn't know why because the tyres still had about 70% tread. So I asked him, and he said that he hasn't touched the wheels, the company that owns it didn't mention anything about replacing tyres. So I asked everyone else and no one knew anything.

Now luckly, we have 24 hour video surveillance, so we had a look if we caught anything. It turns out that the wheels were stolen at 4:38am on Thursday (so they were already missing for more then a day). Someone jumped the fence (must have parked their vehicle on the other side because the fence it too high to just jump from the footpath), we seen a ladder, they jumped into the back of the ute, tied a rope to each wheel, and carefully lowered it down to the ground. Then they lifted them over the fence and took off.

Unfortunately, we cannot identify who the person is. We do have a very good idea who it was though, but can't prove it. There is a house (not next door, but the next house) that is currently being renovated. They are building it two stories high, and the builders can look over and see everything we have. They also own a Toyota Hilux. Reason we suspect it is them is because no-one that is walking past can see the wheels at all because of the sides on the tray. And the people working on the house would have clear view of them.

They were not the original wheels, they are 15x7? white steel rims and the tyres are about twice as big as the stock tyres.

Now, obviously we have to replace the stolen wheels and tyres, so I was wondering if anyone could help me out. All I need is to know what the wheels are called and if they are genuine or not, and where I can get them, here is a picture:

newstuff003.jpg

Now the car is unable to come off the hoist, so we are kind of stuck until we get new wheels and tyres. It is a company owned vehicle so they are not sure what the wheels are.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
That sucks. One of the workers probley had a hektic hilux and wanted them. Just keep a look out for a hilux renovating the house and sus him out. He might have sprayed the wheels black to descise them...

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
That sucks. One of the workers probley had a hektic hilux and wanted them. Just keep a look out for a hilux renovating the house and sus him out. He might have sprayed the wheels black to descise them...

My boss went over to his car and had a look. It has exactly the same wheels fitted, and the tyres are almost completely worn out. So we are going to see if they change (he took a photo). My boss said that if they change he will call the police and ask them to go over and see if they have a receipt or anything for them. But it's probably a waste of time.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Looks like "Sunraysia" Wheels to me. They are only worth roughly $65-$85 each. The tires will sting you however!

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Yeah like the mad max wheels.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
And yeah it does suck. I feel bad because I was the one who put the wheels in the back in the first place. But that was because there was no room to put them in the workshop. I just couldn't believe when I lowered the car and looked in the back that the wheels were gone. Like I said, at first I didn't think much of it. Then when I asked my boss and he didn't know anything, then I knew someone had to have stolen them. Just unbelievable. We seen exactly how they took them, but couldn't see their face.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Looks like "Sunraysia" Wheels to me. They are only worth roughly $65-$85 each. The tires will sting you however!

Thanks for that, just googled "Sunraysia wheels" and it came up with heaps of images to them. Now just have to find out who sells them. And yeah the tyres will cost the most.

workvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute / ve thunder
Yep sunraysia wheels. Not standard. Any wheel place has them. About 80 each

Kiera

Reaction score
Members Ride
'11 SSV Ute
I'm always so surprised when I hear about thefts like that. Such an awful thing to do to someone else. I hope you get them replaced without too much drama and cost.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Thanks for the help guys. The person who did it knew that the wheels were there. The came equipped with 4 ropes and a ladder. It's not like someone goes for a walk with a ladder and rope and thinks "oh look a hilux, I might see if the wheels are in the back."

The company that owns the ute, its the second vehicle that they have given to us and this has already happened. Hopefully we don't lose their work because they have a few different vehicles. But like my boss said, he has been at that location for 43 years, and this is the first time that its happened. I just really wish that the camera got a clear view of him. Just pisses me off when someone does something like this.

If you can get the wheels at any place that sells wheels, then we should be able to get them from the place we always use at work, and hopefully they can give as a good deal on tyres as well.