Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Stolen Hilux Wheels

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Thanks for the help guys. The person who did it knew that the wheels were there. The came equipped with 4 ropes and a ladder. It's not like someone goes for a walk with a ladder and rope and thinks "oh look a hilux, I might see if the wheels are in the back."

The company that owns the ute, its the second vehicle that they have given to us and this has already happened. Hopefully we don't lose their work because they have a few different vehicles. But like my boss said, he has been at that location for 43 years, and this is the first time that its happened. I just really wish that the camera got a clear view of him. Just pisses me off when someone does something like this.

If you can get the wheels at any place that sells wheels, then we should be able to get them from the place we always use at work, and hopefully they can give as a good deal on tyres as well.

Sensor floodlights + Upgraded camera.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Now just have to find out who sells them..

Short answer is...everybody. I found a set for my boat in a small garage going through Flowerdale. Google Flowerdale and look at the speck of a town that it is.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Sensor floodlights + Upgraded camera.

There are 4 sensor flood lights, the problem was that it was shining right on the guy and he was just glowing white. So it turns out that the light helped him steal them. But I think thats what my boss is going to do, upgrade the camera and point the light in a slightly different direction.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Id set the dogs up. Go buy the brand new tyres and rims, sit them in the back again, where these guys can plainly see them, get a couple of mates and stay at your work with you for the next few nights..You might just catch them in the act if its done properly.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Short answer is...everybody. I found a set for my boat in a small garage going through Flowerdale. Google Flowerdale and look at the speck of a town that it is.

Haha just had a look, there is only 2 roads at that town? If you could call it a town.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Id set the dogs up. Go buy the brand new tyres and rims, sit them in the back again, where these guys can plainly see them, get a couple of mates and stay at your work with you for the next few nights..You might just catch them in the act if its done properly.

Yeah thats what I keep thinking. I would have loved to be there when they did it. They wouldn't have gotten away, thats for sure.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah thats what I keep thinking. I would have loved to be there when they did it. They wouldn't have gotten away, thats for sure.

Exactly that mate, and you cant rely on the police to do anything about it. I reckon that if they stole the wheels for the tyres,and then saw brand new tyres there, that theyd probably find them too hard to resist and come back for them too.. If you can actually catch them, you just might get all the wheels back (with a little bit of persuasion of course) and with the help of an oxy torch, hehe.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Exactly that mate, and you cant rely on the police to do anything about it. I reckon that if they stole the wheels for the tyres,and then saw brand new tyres there, that theyd probably find them too hard to resist and come back for them too.. If you can actually catch them, you just might get all the wheels back (with a little bit of persuasion of course) and with the help of an oxy torch, hehe.

Yeah they could come back, but would they risk it twice? Reminds me of the time when my VS got broken into when it was parked right outside of work. And that was about 12pm during the day.

Just realised that the company is Excavating and Earthmoving Contractors so thats why they have 4WDs that are lifted and have the bigger tyres.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Haha just had a look, there is only 2 roads at that town? If you could call it a town.

Just realised i meant Rosedale. But it's pretty much the same concept. One of those small towns you drive through to get to somewhere...but never want to stop at.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Just realised i meant Rosedale. But it's pretty much the same concept. One of those small towns you drive through to get to somewhere...but never want to stop at.

Flowerdale, Rosedale, they both have something to do with flowers haha. But yeah I know what you mean, Rosedale also looks like a small town (not as small as Flowerdale). As least I know that I wont have any problems getting wheels.

Still, its a shame that we have to even chase this stuff up. Just because someone decided they needed them more the us.