Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Stolen Hilux Wheels

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Guarantee its the people renovating.. As you said they would of had to known they were there and noone walks around with a ladder and rope (which i guarantee they were using with the renovation) so they had that stuff handy.. Just go up to the hilux and start taking pics of it all over and number plates.. See if the nobhead changes them as brettjjj said set them up but put something there thats very tempting to take like a really expensive set of hilux rims and tyres haha i did it as a kid for shits and giggles i put my bike out untied and some clowns tried flogging it and me and couple mates ran out going off our nut and they all **** bricks and im not sure if iv seen someone run any faster hahaha

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Guarantee its the people renovating.. As you said they would of had to known they were there and noone walks around with a ladder and rope (which i guarantee they were using with the renovation) so they had that stuff handy.. Just go up to the hilux and start taking pics of it all over and number plates.. See if the nobhead changes them as brettjjj said set them up but put something there thats very tempting to take like a really expensive set of hilux rims and tyres haha i did it as a kid for shits and giggles i put my bike out untied and some clowns tried flogging it and me and couple mates ran out going off our nut and they all **** bricks and im not sure if iv seen someone run any faster hahaha

Yeah we are 100% sure that it was them, it's just that we can't prove it. Even if they fitted the wheels and tyres to their Hilux we would be able to prove that they were the wheels that were stolen. My boss already wrote down the rego and took photos of their Hilux just in case. If they want to get new wheels and tyres to see if they get stolen again I wont be involved, I live 1 hour 20 mins away from work, too far away if nothing ends up happening. I would have never put the wheels in the back if they were visible and sticking up further then the gates, but they weren't visible at all unless you were higher then the car on the hoist.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
some pricks around that's for sure.....

Last edited:

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Yeah thats true. I respect the people who work and earn the money to pay for everything that they put on their car. Then something like this happens and then they have to spend more money. Although in this case, the owners wont be paying for it, we will be which is completely understandable.

I just can't stand people who damage and/or steal someone else's property, especially when we work so hard to do everything we want to our cars, just for it to be taken away. I know it's not my car that it happened to but I know the feeling because my car got broken into and stuff got stolen.

We may not have seen who did it, but my boss said he wonders if he goes over to the building site, and mentions that the wheels have been stolen and that the person who did it was caught on video, if they don't believe him, he can say, well a rope was tied to the wheels and they were lowered down. Then they would know that there was cameras there because how else would anyone know that thats what they did.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
If you pay $80 each you're paying too much, our tyre bloke sells these for $40 each. Just make sure you get the correct offset for the vehicle. Not sure on the super swamper tyres price wise.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Hey guys,

Just letting you know that we managed to get a set of sunraysia wheels (16 inch) for $50 each brand new, and BF Goodrich tyres for $264 each brand new. We might be lucky because they might be covered by insurance but they are stuffing us around a bit so not sure whether they will pay out or not.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Those prices are more like it :)
Not a bad price for the BFG's either, so sounds like a pretty good result if insurance come to the party.

Yeah they gave us a pretty good price on the set.

And when we told the owner what happened he wasn't worried about it all. But why would he haha, he gets a set of brand new wheels and tyres.

If the insurance covers them it will be really good. I have been working on this Hilux everyday so far and the bill is going to be close to $3000, but they want all the work done and we quoted them.