Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subs causing car to lose power

commsirac

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Members Ride
vx
The smart operator is the person who is operating the engine analyser, every workshop has some type of engine analyser.

The Gregory's manual isnt going to tell you how to solve this problem. What you are looking for is the voltages dropping too low on critical components(the voltage of the component being considerably less than the battery voltage at the time)

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Gregorys wont tell you how to solve a problem - that should be obvious. We are talking aftermarket gear here. Gregorys can however run through tests for just about every component and measurements that you should be getting. I would be putting my multimeter on the battery and measuring battery voltage. If the battery voltage is dropping all over the place you have narrowed down your problem massively.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
The oher day I changed the ground point from the child restraint bolt, to the boot lock bolt. I had to do it dodgy, because I couldn't put the plastic thing back there if I had a 4 gauge ring terminal, there would be a huge bulge in the plastic trim, so I stripped about 6cm of wire, and forked it then wedged it under the washer for the bolt (after sanding the lock mechanism, and the body of the car where the bolt goes into). However, this has made it worse? Even though I'm pretty sure that my dodgy job isn't that bad connection wise. I haven't yet tried those test's you suggested commsirac, because to be honest, I ave absolutely no idea how to do it. I guess what I want to know now is, who is the best person to take my car to? You guys have tried to help me, but you haven't really told me how to do these things, you've only said what to do.. I guess if you could explain how I go about making these tests, and the desired results, that'd be a great help, and would save me some money, otherwise I guess im off to an auto elec or autobarn etc. right?

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
any idea's guys? I'm really sick of this power drainage..

starfire vc

now on 10 pound
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL turbo, RB30ET VH wagon, 64 EH in the build.
this is a funny thread..

maybe turn the sick subwoofers down or supercharge it to compensate for power loss...but use an a/c compressor clutch on the supercharger, so it only works when the sick bass pumps.otherwise you might hear supercharger whine over the beats

Cohan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina
Hopefully I dont have the same problem when I get my double, keen as!

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Look at the date of the last post, and make an educated guess as to why you shouldn't have commented on this...

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
1 thing i'll say....dnt go to autobarn m8....they dnt knw shiit, maybe a auto elec or a even ppl who are professional installers in car audio like APS, if ther still around...

other then that gdluck luke.

hahaha supercheap dont no anything either, i had a dead battery and they tested it and they said the amp was stopping the car from starting

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Read my above post you beeping beep