Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharged Daily Driver

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
What kind of torque does this car output with 400+rwkw? I only ask because the 6l80e auto transmission kinda gets hurt really badly around the 1000nm neighbourhood. If there's no comparable upgrades to the autobox I'd leave it well enough alone.

Yeah, that's the one. What rattled ? It sounded ok to me. Went ok too

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
I had a supercharged and cammed daily for a year and a half that I towed a trailer with to and from work, diabolical on fuel of course but I never had any issues with it outside of going through a couple of S/C belts. Was as reliable as any other Commodore I've had.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
If I'm reading the dyno sheet right, it looks like just under 900nm at the wheels.

Oddly enough it comes with a 3 year full warranty (dealer supplied, not GMH), with none of these bullshit limited claim restrictions you usually get with dealer warranties

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
Box will die in no time. Needs the LSA box. Or start with manual..

Sorry, i read the dyno sheet wrong. That was Tractive Effort, which i assumed was nm.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Word of the year "stealership"!!!!!! Love it.

Fierce car... but the $50k in mods on top of new purchase price with an asking selling price of $45k tells the story of diminishing return on investment. That's why that stealership making you pay through the arse for the modded used Redline makes no sense.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Box will die in no time. Needs the LSA box. Or start with manual..

It's fine if you don't drive it like a tool. The two things that will kill them are fluid temps or WOT downshifts.

Cammed cars arnt good dailys, unless you have a fuel card. With a blower you don't really need the cam, unless looking for that extra HP up top.

Depends on how you drive. I still get 800kms/tank out of my cammed VF1 on the highway but 300km/tank getting up it a bit in town. If you're doing highway runs to work then consumption wise it's SFA difference.