Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Teens get takeaway at fatal crash site

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
These days chances are most people that are around would know first aid as well. Unless you're out in the middle of nowhere.

I don't blame the teenagers to start with for standing around and doing nothing. By the sounds of it there were already a fair few people attending to the elderly lady.

But to get Maccas dropped off, just plain inconsiderate. They've just killed an old ladies husband and that's all they can think of. Ridiculous. Break their legs and throw them in front of a truck.

Have you been in a serious accident? It f*cks with your head. They wouldn't have been thinking clearly at all

Having said that, the fact that most of them ended up in handcuffs would suggest they werent the most considerate bunch either. I'm just saying that noone here knows the whole story, so its probably best to hold off the leg breaking

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I think some people have missed the point.

If youve ever been to a serious accident, of fatality, I dont now how you could sit there, watch and eat food, that seems to be the issue here, not who caused the accident or who didnt help who with what. You see the blood and guts, you see the twisted wreck, you smell that yucky smell of death, how one could sit and eat is beyond me ...

The debate over whether to assist or not can go on for ever and ever and no one will win. In todays legal jungle your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont, either way everyone has their opinion whether they would or wouldnt and in all honesty both answers and right and wrong at the same time.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

If youve ever been to a serious accident, of fatality, I dont now how you could sit there, watch and eat food, that seems to be the issue here, not who caused the accident or who didnt help who with what. You see the blood and guts, you see the twisted wreck, you smell that yucky smell of death, how one could sit and eat is beyond me ...

The debate over whether to assist or not can go on for ever and ever and no one will win. In todays legal jungle your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont, either way everyone has their opinion whether they would or wouldnt and in all honesty both answers and right and wrong at the same time.

Not everyone loses their appetite when seeing such a thing. Moreso because crashes happen so often seeing one is almost a daily occurrence.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

Personally, I agree there. After seeing one thing I couldn't eat for almost 2 days, but as someone said a while back, people deal with these things in different ways.
This could have been a way for them to 'block out' the terrible thing they just did

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Personally, I agree there. After seeing one thing I couldn't eat for almost 2 days, but as someone said a while back, people deal with these things in different ways.
This could have been a way for them to 'block out' the terrible thing they just did

Technically only 1 of them actually 'did' it, the rest were just passengers. While they didn't have a gun to their head saying get in the car, surely they can't be responsible for the drivers actions.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie

As has been discussed earlier, different people cope with shock differently. Just because you perceive someone to be morbid for eating food after seeing something horrible, others may find it to be a better coping mechanism...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
As has been discussed earlier, different people cope with shock differently. Just because you perceive someone to be morbid for eating food after seeing something horrible, others may find it to be a better coping mechanism...

Seen worse things than car fatalities on operation...always finished the day listening to some tunes, having a smoke and a beer or 3(where possible).

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
1. We are Paramedics not 'Ambulance Drivers'.
2. You are required to render assistance if involved in an accident. Fault has no bearing on it.
3. The notion of Ambo's being disgusted by the assistance at a prang is a crock of shyte. If someone is dying or injured the simply first aid or commonsense will save lives.
4. most importantly regardless of the takeaway claim, these selfish inbred imbeciles have no regard for the law or the lives of others. they are negligent simply by the fact they are unlicensed and drove a high powered vehicle for which they are untrained and inexperienced to drive.
5. When you choose your car, please don't use your hormones to choose it-even illegally.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
1. We are Paramedics not 'Ambulance Drivers'.
2. You are required to render assistance if involved in an accident. Fault has no bearing on it.
3. The notion of Ambo's being disgusted by the assistance at a prang is a crock of shyte. If someone is dying or injured the simply first aid or commonsense will save lives.
4. most importantly regardless of the takeaway claim, these selfish inbred imbeciles have no regard for the law or the lives of others. they are negligent simply by the fact they are unlicensed and drove a high powered vehicle for which they are untrained and inexperienced to drive.
5. When you choose your car, please don't use your hormones to choose it-even illegally.

Erm, render assistance DOES NOT mean give CPR. Calling an Ambo driver is rendering assistance, they have met the obligation. I would do the same, call emergency services, then wait. I am in no way a professional Ambo driver, so no way in hell I am touching strangers, besides, if their is blood about who knows what they have that you could catch...

Since when does it require training to drive a vehicle? It was a wrx, bit bloody whoopy, it wasn't a formmula1 car.

People should BUY what they like, after all it is THEIR money.

Seriously, it ****s me to tears hearing people say it was the cars fault. BLAME THE ****ING DRIVER FOR ONCE. Just like guns do not kill people, cars do not kill people either. The ******** behind them does the killing.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project

I don't agree with this point at all. Obviously you should call the appropriate authorities, but definitely not jump in.

Let's face it, cars pretty much only explode in movies. Not saying that cars don't burst into flames a few minutes after a crash, but that it would be extremely rare.

If someone was trapped in a car, I most certainly would not pull them out unless I knew their life was in immediate danger. I'd be too afraid I could do some worse damage, regardless of the legal consequences.

I refer again to the example of motorcyclists, an inexperienced person removing the helmet from a crashed rider can do irreparable damage and it's certainly not worth that warm fuzzy feeling to paralyse someone for life.

As for CPR, I haven't done CPR since high school, even then it was on a dummy. I'd much rather a professional attempt it than me. Not saying I wouldn't, but it'd basically only be if someone was lying in front of me and I knew that was all I could do.

It seems like people just want to step in because it makes them feel like superman. Trying to help can often do more harm than good and in most cases the best thing you can do is to sound desperate when you call 000. It doesn't mean diving in like a hero and saving the day.

I still remain amazed at everyone being so ****ed off with the food thing.