Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tell Us Your Dodgy Stories or Prices You Been quoted/had to Pay for your vehicle...

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
Has anyone even mentioned anything close to what you're going on about?

Thankyou for asking that important question, may I answer it by saying there will be no carbon tax in any government I lead.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
200 to remove gear box, replace clutch, $30 to machine flywheel, 180 for h/d clutch, $500 to replace the starter motor after they ripped the solonoid out of the starter motor..... that was thanks to profix enfield. replaced the starter for $50 thanks to someone off here
transman lonsdale $2,800 to rebuild a turbo 400 for my vk calais, took 3 weeks and it never worked, it had 1-3, only 2nd, took it to drw automatics and they fixed it for 150, remove the tranny and sort it out after all transman did. never paid the trans man a cent for his labour, just paid for parts, when the cops rolled up, i explained it all to them showing reciepts, they agreed i was hard done by and was told not to worry.
parents took their vx lumina s2 to the mechanic in mt compass, when he removed the fuel filter (with out the propper tool.... he used a screwdriver :/) he ripped the fuel lines out of the fuel tank...... holdens 200 to diagnose, 300 for the mechanic to fix it for them. mechanics no longer touch my family's cars

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
200 to remove gear box, replace clutch, $30 to machine flywheel, 180 for h/d clutch, $500 to replace the starter motor after they ripped the solonoid out of the starter motor..... that was thanks to profix enfield. replaced the starter for $50 thanks to someone off here
transman lonsdale $2,800 to rebuild a turbo 400 for my vk calais, took 3 weeks and it never worked, it had 1-3, only 2nd, took it to drw automatics and they fixed it for 150, remove the tranny and sort it out after all transman did. never paid the trans man a cent for his labour, just paid for parts, when the cops rolled up, i explained it all to them showing reciepts, they agreed i was hard done by and was told not to worry.
parents took their vx lumina s2 to the mechanic in mt compass, when he removed the fuel filter (with out the propper tool.... he used a screwdriver :/) he ripped the fuel lines out of the fuel tank...... holdens 200 to diagnose, 300 for the mechanic to fix it for them. mechanics no longer touch my family's cars

i guess thats why the recievers stepped in and took controll of PF enfield.

A mate of mine went there a few days to work for em and left as they were dodgey pricks and were slightly afiliated with certain unfriendly,s

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
My experience with mechanics, do it yourself or stick to one mechanic who you know and trust.

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
needed the slave cylinder done on the vx clutch and thought well i dont wanna lay in driveway pulling GB out ill get someone do it for me.

call ACB wingfield for the cylinder 180 for me!.

ring powertech and theyre killer tell me they pull GB replace part i supply for 400.
call ABS salisbury and they are absolute dreamers lol!!

firstly he tells me ya cant buy slave on its own so its 800 for the clutch kit (620 bucks ripp off already)
secondly he tells me that he needs the car for 8 hrs at 100 an hour lol!! (400 ontop of other quote)

i think to be exact my words to him were mate r you kidding me??
hes like nah mate would you rather do it yaself!

i said go #### yaself mate thats exactly what ill do.

i used to own a tyre n mech shop in adelaide and ive never robbed people like that!!

so anyone in salisbury do not use ABS theyre rude!! go down comercial rd to garry in powertech.

he never got the job either but atleast his price was fair!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
My experience with mechanics, do it yourself or stick to one mechanic who you know and trust.

+1, i got a mechanic i go to all the time to get my cars fixed/checked and they always do a top job, but you do get the odd few that tend to think every car owner is a deadhead so they can try and take advantage of them

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
+1, i got a mechanic i go to all the time to get my cars fixed/checked and they always do a top job, but you do get the odd few that tend to think every car owner is a deadhead so they can try and take advantage of them

Yeah thats it, and i tend to think they prey mostly on elderly people thinking they will just go along with it. And a few of my 18yr old mates get ripped off all the time, probably because the mechanics assume they dont know anything and try to rip them.

The bloke i use is from lubemobile, he always turns up the same day, if not the next morning, never charges me the $100 call out fee and hes fast at getting the work done. He probably likes doing jobs for me because i give him free beer ha

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I asked an exhaust shop for a quote on a 2 1/2" headers-back system for the VL, and they said $550 without labour, went somewhere else (Shop I saw while taking a shortcut home) and they said $300 incl. labour.

Both shops have high reputations aswell. I've had work done at the first shop before, and it was good, never been to shop B but I've heard off family and friends that they are really good also.

capitalgainz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 berlina gen3
i guess thats why the recievers stepped in and took controll of PF enfield.

A mate of mine went there a few days to work for em and left as they were dodgey pricks and were slightly afiliated with certain unfriendly,s

this was roughly 2010/2011 can't remember when i had the vp ss.
i just remember this big dumb guy, reackons he was all that and new everyone.........
we had a little chat, he worked out who i was, i have no idea who he was, all i know is, he comes up to me and says "mate this car is effing sweet, installed it all ready to go, man effing sweet hey bro, oh just before you go, when you go to start her up you have to push start her"
i was like, what? why?
he said "oh your starter motors stuffed"
i said funny, it was working sweet when i rolled in
he said "yeah dunno mate, the solinoid was ripped out of the starter motor"
i said so you broke my effing starter motor, thats what your saying
he said "oh i dont know how it happened must have been an accident"
i said "get away from me"
i have never seen some one run so quick in my life XD