Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I am amazed that this has come from a queenslander, bravo good sir...bravo!!

I'm actually from Melbourne, born and bred.......I love Melbourne and was there not long ago for a couple of weeks and find Carlton Draught on tap is my quaffing choice by far.......Even getting drunk choice. LOL.

Went north a few years ago to lie in the sun and do as little as possible.

When we first arrived a good beer was POWERS.......Burnie Power built a new brewery at Yatala and took the market by storm..........Carlton bought him out a couple of years later and brew their own drop there now.
Believe Burnie went to Vietnam and started all over again.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
That would make sense then why you don't like XXXX, most queenslanders will defend it like you've just punched their sister.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Good grief............I forgot the BOAGS and CASCADE..........How could I do that.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Superdry or Carlton Dry does me for beer. Great Northerns aren't bad either when I come across them down here.

Used to be a big Tooheys drinker and way back in the day even used to drink VB cause it was cheap. Don't particularly like Tooheys much now and I refuse to drink that VB ****.

Edit: I've never got the hype that TED gets either. The platinum one is sort of ok, but the normal one...yeah nah...

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
That would make sense then why you don't like XXXX, most queenslanders will defend it like you've just punched their sister.

It's just VERY bad beer. No flavour, weak taste. So many much better beers out there.

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Im hitting the Steamrail pale ale at the moment...never knew anything good could ever come from victoria but i guess I was wrong.

I steer clear of crap like xxxx, vb, any draft, export, eb

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Just saw this on fb lol
VenerealBackwash-3.jpg

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I love Japanese beer.......Ashai, Sapporo and Kirin.............(Take note please.......If your in Japan, NEVER drink MD.......VERY BAD beer.)

Disappointing thing about Sapporo beer is that it's made in Canada. Unfortunately I never bothered to buy booze in J-land when I went there, their alcohol system is weird though. A lot of their beer is taxed proportional to the amount of malt or amount of alcohol or something strange. Their alcopops can be as high as 9%.

Slowly been working my way through international beers. Bintang is like the Superdry of Bali. Czech beers are quite good too. Never bothered to keep track, but I've been through a fair few.