Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Beer Thread.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
If I'm buying, I'll go either extra dry, new, pure blonde, maxx blonde (usually the maxx is low 30's for a carton, and i can drink a ridiculous ammount without getting a hangover),maxx dry, coronas without the lime, and sol. if its free, i'll drink whatever you've got but its usually vb, xxxx gold, carlton draught and cold. my fave is extra dry, but its gotta be ice cold. i cycle tehm throguh the freezer, two at a time to start and then replace them as i drink. gets a bit dicey after a while though, gotta remember when you've got a beer in the freezer!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
If I'm buying, I'll go either extra dry, new, pure blonde, maxx blonde (usually the maxx is low 30's for a carton, and i can drink a ridiculous ammount without getting a hangover),maxx dry, coronas without the lime, and sol. if its free, i'll drink whatever you've got but its usually vb, xxxx gold, carlton draught and cold. my fave is extra dry, but its gotta be ice cold. i cycle tehm throguh the freezer, two at a time to start and then replace them as i drink. gets a bit dicey after a while though, gotta remember when you've got a beer in the freezer!

The only way to drink beer is coming out slushie

twogirlsdad

Waiting for my summer.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 Commodore/Pontiac G8 GT Sold. '17 Chevy SS
Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy, Stella Artois, Sam Adams Boston Lager and Coors Light are in my cooler sometime during the year. I only buy what I like. Friends and family can bring something else if they want.

In my younger days we would get whatever was on sale. Milwaukee's Best for US$3.99/24 pack. Yes, it was a headache in a can but we were in college and were always short on fund$. I remember a canoe fishing trip in Wisconsin when we bought several cases of Point which are known in the upper US midwest as blue bullets. They are the proverbial headache in a can. One morning several of us watched the sun come up and then went to sleep. I woke up with a headache that was so severe I thought I was having a stroke. It was on this trip that I discovered bourbon, no more headache beers for me.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
I like a corona with lemon or lime on a hot day. Superdry on tap is a favorite in the pubs. Becks is also really nice.
Just came home from a trip in America with 5 of my mates and we consumed ALOT of bud light. It's weak beer but tastes really good and was still easy to drink when we were pushing through hangovers everyday in Vegas haha

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Corona > every other beer

/end thread lol

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

yeah thats why you have to add lime to it.... cause its just soooooo awesome straight out of the bottle lol

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I like a corona with lemon or lime on a hot day. Superdry on tap is a favorite in the pubs. Becks is also really nice.
Just came home from a trip in America with 5 of my mates and we consumed ALOT of bud light. It's weak beer but tastes really good and was still easy to drink when we were pushing through hangovers everyday in Vegas haha

FWIW the Bud Light in the blue pack has the same alcohol content as the red pack..........It's just lighter in calories. I much prefer the red pack as to me it has a gutsier flavour, but I have had the blue pack plenty of times.

Did you try Coors? It's does the job. We went to a BIG party one night in Havasu AZ and they had it on tap straight out of the chilled barrel..........Good stuff.

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
FWIW the Bud Light in the blue pack has the same alcohol content as the red pack..........It's just lighter in calories. I much prefer the red pack as to me it has a gutsier flavour, but I have had the blue pack plenty of times.

Did you try Coors? It's does the job. We went to a BIG party one night in Havasu AZ and they had it on tap straight out of the chilled barrel..........Good stuff.

Yeah I didn't mind coors, but 700mL bud lights for $2.25 I couldn't pass up haha.