Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Debadging HYPER GLOBAL MEGA THREAD

Should you debadge your car ?

• NO ! leave it stock !

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Yes ! But leave the Lion alone !

Votes: 61 67.0%
  • Yes ! Get rid of all the badges !

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
I de badged my old VS and it all came off quite easily BUT i noticed that everytime i washed it, you can kinda see the outline of the badges when water goes over it if that makes sense. Anyway, solution: everytime i wash the car i make sure i scrub that area a bit more and it came off. Polishing the car probably helped too

P

pheel33

HeY. Just got to Holden and grab the badges new. They only cost 30 - 40 bucks for the VR badges. They will have double sided tape on them alreadi, As VLishes said. If your gonna re-badge the car you should chuck the VS badges on. Looks way better ;).

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
vs badges have pins so you will have to drill holes

P

pheel33

Wen i went to get the VS badges from holden the guy told me u just put them on with touble sided tape...

Saniel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman S2 V6
i once questioned one of the fellas at auto barn and they said to use some form of epoxy. i bought some, cost like 17 bucks or something. i still havent attached any badges though... never got around to doing it

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Debadging

Gday, Im about to debadge my VT and was wondering if I could use a knife, I wont scratch the paint but is there anything else I should know?

vtcommodo3800

Got me a v8!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VZ SS Thunder
Use a paint scraper a mate is a panel beater and that is how he did mine u will also need to get yourself some prepsol to take the double sided tafe off. GO STEADY

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
vtcommodo3800 said:
Use a paint scraper a mate is a panel beater and that is how he did mine u will also need to get yourself some prepsol to take the double sided tafe off. GO STEADY

Actually, if you want to know THE safest way? Nothing metal near the car.

Get some decent strong fishing line.. and "Saw" back and forth under the badge, then get the rest of the crap off with prepsol :)

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
is that the black stuff behind the badge? prepsol will get rid of it ay?