Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Lockdown Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
Oh Derekthepost, this is just sad now

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I doubt either NZ or Aussie will achieve 80% vaccination rates because there is enough contrary info floating about to make people sitting on the fence skeptical about it.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Except countries are now emerging from lockdowns, like the UK.

If there is some grand plan to lock everybody up in their own homes forever, what's the endgame? Millions of lost jobs because retail/hospitality/tourism/international travel no longer exist? Not sure that perpetuates the elites' money sources.

Nothing like quoting some philosophers and using fine art to give the impression of an informed argument.
Did you notice the little 5G antennas in the video drawings, nice to see they aren't forgetting the truly batshit conspiracy side of things.

Again I'll point out that you are twisting my words with strawman comments and implying that I said something I did not say.
You are also trying to draw me into a circular argument that goes nowhere but in circles.

Enjoy your evening.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Impossible to have a discussion in here. You state a point of view contrary to others and it gets blanked as being reductive.

Enjoy your echo chamber lads

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I doubt either NZ or Aussie will achieve 80% vaccination rates because there is enough contrary info floating about to make people sitting on the fence skeptical about it.

Watch this space.
Governments and bureaucrats love targets and forecasting, but have a poor track record of forecasting and reaching targets.

I wonder what's happening over in China.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Impossible to have a discussion in here. You state a point of view contrary to others and it gets blanked as being reductive.

Enjoy your echo chamber lads

You don't want to have a proper discussion, you want to beat people down and bamboozle them with BS until they submit, or fall off the wagon.

I'm not your enemy, just a bloke who likes to explore the human condition and challenge the status quo.
I wasn't born distrusting of governments, politicians, bureaucrats and billionaires, I learned to distrust them through their actions.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
You don't want to have a proper discussion, you want to beat people down and bamboozle them with BS until they submit, or fall off the wagon.

Sounds to me like the pot is calling the kettle black.
But hey, that's just a casual observation.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Sounds to me like the pot is calling the kettle black.
But hey, that's just a casual observation.

That's a lazy retort.
It's like people who say, well western democracies and capitalism ain't perfect but it's better than communism.
As if we are condemned to always choose between the lesser of these two evils.

We delude ourselves this way, by turning a blind eye to, and making excuses for our own internal corruptions, breeding complacency on a collective level, which opens the door for accepted manipulation and control by forces we perceive are beyond our control.
We ignorantly and often arrogantly deny any responsibility or accountability for the problems of our own making.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, generation after generation.

I'm a fire stoker, but I'm not here to burn down the village.
Do we teach history in school so we know how to repeat the past, or do we teach history in school so we learn from the past and do better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.