Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Other than Round up (glyphosate) the options are go to Bunnings or similar and try the other non selective weed killers.
This stuff seems to work quite well. Some people say glypho is carcinogenic. Wouldn't surprise me if it is, but are the others any better....?
Your yard is obviously not a path, but they call it that because it's long lasting and not many people want to kill everything in the whole backyard;)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/brunnings-1l-path-weeder_p3013486

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
As long as it works, I'm fine with that :)

I'm all ears for other suggestions... :)
Gas torch and a spray bottle full of diesel.

PXL_20230123_212505665.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Be careful with Roundup, it's nasty **** even though the manufacturer won't admit it.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Fire is best. But I have just done sections with roundup. Seems to have knocked out the plant. Have been pulling them by hand whenever I see them in isolated areas and mass poison the areas where it was not near lawn and running wild.

Getting the seeds is the key as mentioned. Yoga mats and bits of carpet work. Nothing is quick Unfortunately

Frustrating to say the least.

I am glad you have posted this up.....Hopefully it does encourage others that suspect dodgy dealings to report it....

The more of these scums exposed the better....
The best thing for picking up catheads is bare feet, get the wife to walk up and down in rows. Then throw some lollies out for the kids in the areas you want cleaned up, make sure they're barefooted though shoes are harder and sometimes the vicious 2cm spike won't stick into plastic.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The best thing for picking up catheads is bare feet, get the wife to walk up and down in rows. Then throw some lollies out for the kids in the areas you want cleaned up, make sure they're barefooted though shoes are harder and sometimes the vicious 2cm spike won't stick into plastic.

I'm not game to get the wife to do that...I do like living pain free....

Are you offering your barefeet for the cause?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Be careful with Roundup, it's nasty **** even though the manufacturer won't admit it.
I work at a school kids camp. We spray gallons of that sh1t. I am very mindful of where and when I spray it. The Department of Education don’t give a sh1t!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I work at a school kids camp. We spray gallons of that sh1t. I am very mindful of where and when I spray it. The Department of Education don’t give a sh1t!
I think if you work on council they now tell you PPE is compulsory, including a respirator. How many people at home take the precautions? I'd think not many, including myself.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
They figure they won't have to worry about it. like other carcinogens it takes many decades before illness occurs. By that time the cause cannot be traced.
Silica dust is another beast altogether

Last edited: