Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Yeah, I spent two and a half weeks in hospital with a badly broken leg and lost 16 kg.
Likewise I lost 11 kg when I had a kidney removed. They took 2 kg of fat from around where the kidney was. When I asked here my doctor about the rest of the weight loss she said it was due to shock. Of the 11 kg I have put back on about 4 kg. I assume I haven't put the other 7 kg back on because I do quite a bit of exercise each day and watch what I eat.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Likewise I lost 11 kg when I had a kidney removed. They took 2 kg of fat from around where the kidney was. When I asked here my doctor about the rest of the weight loss she said it was due to shock. Of the 11 kg I have put back on about 4 kg. I assume I haven't put the other 7 kg back on because I do quite a bit of exercise each day and watch what I eat.
The older members are coming out of the woodwork with our pain stories today and here it is my 76th birthday.
Happy Birthday to me
Was gonna start polishing swimbos car today now that mine is done but it's raining so gonna have some prawns and oysters and beer soon, yum yum.
Just noticed my date of birth is not right in my profile, musta cocked it up when I joined some time ago.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The older members are coming out of the woodwork with our pain stories today and here it is my 76th birthday.
Happy Birthday to me
Was gonna start polishing swimbos car today now that mine is done but it's raining so gonna have some prawns and oysters and beer soon, yum yum.
Just noticed my date of birth is not right in my profile, musta cocked it up when I joined some time ago.
Happy Birthday !

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Happy Birthday to me
Another 18 months, you will catch me. ;)
Geez, this forum is full of old farts.

Luckily, I don't have any physical impairments ( yet), just the old fart mental problems with idiots, dickwits and numbnuts, as I have been officially told ( by RAAF and another long term employer) for 50 years that I don't suffer fools and should be more tolerant to other's shortcomings.

Unfortunately, this affliction is getting worse as I get older, and during the last week I have had to deal with Telstra, NBN, and the NAB Bank, speaking to robots (both human and electronic) to fix their failures to proceed as per expected. When asked for an explanation as to how stuffed gets FUBARd, all they can do is apologise, and they will pass it to another department for investigation and correction. :mad:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
images.jpeg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
May as well yell at the clouds, as nobody gives a stuff about problems that don't involve them personally.
Idiots, dickwits and numbnuts are just oxygen thieves. :mad:
Clouds provide a bit of shelter from the sun, and rain.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
A cold night last night, woke up to frost on the car windows. Turned out nice though:)
Drove down to Hobart from New Norfolk, got there in half an hour just after 9 am.
Parked up the top of Liverpool Street and walked down into town for the coffee. Hit the Salamanca Market at 10.15 am and was all done and dusted by 11.20 am, happy days:)
Listened to the Hobart Highland Pipe Band who were very good, before walking up through Battery Point and stopping in at our favourite lunchtime place ‘Jackman & McRoss’ where I ate a nice wallaby, blackberry peppered steak pie, and the missus had goat cheese with dried tomato quiche. We shared a cream-filled, chocolate-lined tart covered with raspberries, although when I say shared I really mean the missus got the big half of it, as usual.
Took a further walk around Battery Point before stopping for a nice pint of ‘Lazy Hazy Days’ IPA, and a wine for the missus whilst enjoying a couple of the live buskers in Salamanca Place.
Got back to camp about 4.30 pm. A very nice day, which included a couple of good photos.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    278.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0249.jpeg
    IMG_0249.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0253.jpeg
    IMG_0253.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg