Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ZOMGWTFBBQLOL how to tell if i have an LSD thread:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Hey guy's..

My 5.0L VR Berlina (IRS) has an axle code of GU4... But when i jack the car up and spin the wheels they both spin the same way....

i havent checked the diff tag yet but doesnt this mean i have a LSD?... (i cant do a burnout cause theres no motor in the car!!)) haha...thanks guys

GU4 is the code for 3.08 ratio diff. If the spin the same way I'd say very good chance of it being a LSD.:thumbsup:

Build option for the LSD is G80

IBSK8N

skate L+R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS BT1 V6
i have a factory lsd in my vs and it only does single spinners it used to get both spinning but only very rarely,, another thing is that sometimes single spinners will lock up and spin both tyres which made me think i didnt have an lsd until i checked out my diff.

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
i have a vs super6 calais with IRS and the only code i can see is the letters on the paper tag and it sez AO does anyone know wat that means other then adults only heheh

ssvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS SS
:hmmm:Ok this question has been on my mind as well. From what I can understand, the code on the id tag shows the ratio of the diff. My VR SS has a code of gu4 which meens a 3.08 ratio diff. Wether or not it is a lsd depends on the model. All ss and calais have lsd's as factory. If the model didnt come factory with a lsd but was added as an option on the assembly by the customer then the code would be g80. This is my understanding from talking to a few people. Please dont take my word as gospel. I do hope this helps but it is something that needs to be verified.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
The brake and boot option is stupid, my mates old vp was a signle legger diff but self locked :S it then did better doubles then an lsd for a little while, then the engline blew up. Also another lsd question, My mate has a vs 97 acclaim sII and says all vs acclaim's come stock with an LSD, is this true?

aussiesport

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp wagger
ya'll could have lsd but if the cones are f*&Kt then it'll be like a single spinner !!!!! weld that sucker and skid ya 2 wheels forever";)

uteman101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim
My cars a 94' VR acclaim, my parents bought the car brand new and i have the docket from the dealership saying all the accessories my parents ordered on the car, LSD was one of them, yet the plate in my engine bay says its a standard V6 3.07:1 diff, so some of you guys may of had your lsd fitted at the dealer where they wouldnt have changed the code on the plate. Just a thought :)

brettzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS BT1 Sedan 5ltr Manual
Hmmm well I Dropped a mad skid on the w/e and she left only a single peg. Got a VS BT1 manual. The plate says GU4.

newton

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vl supercharged
ya'll could have lsd but if the cones are f*&Kt then it'll be like a single spinner !!!!! weld that sucker and skid ya 2 wheels forever";)

yeah exactly. the definition of an lsd isnt that it will always spin 2 wheels. just it would have originally spun both wheels :p

alot of mates have shimmed there lsds and they come back to tight as new