Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ZOMGWTFBBQLOL how to tell if i have an LSD thread:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hello thread dig.

I'm just trying to get something checked. I have a diff from a VY that I bought ages ago and currently sitting on my garage floor, it has 3.45 gears in it but I can't remember if it had a LSD in it.

My tag is ripped but it looks like this with the FC and the 92085125 number. Rest is gone.

$_57.JPG

The tag only says High Performance diff, nothing about LSD. But if I turn on wheel side, the other side turns in the same direction.

Whats the chances it is a LSD?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The opposite wheel (or axle) going the same way usually means it's an LSD. 3.45's means it's likely to be an LSD because most of them came out with the manual v8's.

Try and get some sort of tool on one of the axles and lock the other in a vice then try and turn it, if there is some resistance it's definitely an LSD. If you can't move it at all and it clicks back and forth a bit, it's a minispool.

If you want to confirm it for sure take off the inspection plate (rear cover)and see where the centre is split. On an open the split is just above where the crown wheel sits. If it's LSD the split will be under the crown wheel and you won't be able to see it.

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yes. That is definetly a LSD.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Woohoo.

Just wanted to make sure so that I put LSD oil in it. Cheers guys.