Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The ALP can be just as rotten, don’t forget that. The NDIS comes to mind instantly.

The NDIS a rort? What are you on about.....

Are you involved with the system or even know how it works? It helps my wife get out into the community, so I can earn a living...

The system is also being overhauled with the billing system....

I'm not the only member here involved with the system

There have been people that have ripped the system off, but they are being prosecuted...But like everything, people will always try rort any system...

Last edited:

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Yep it’s a rort, not for those receiving but those providing. I have family members involved and they are riding this gravy train to the end.

It’s the hallmark of the ALP. Wishy washy ideas full of motherhood statements. Some good some bad. They truly have lovers fingers, everything they touch they ****.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The NDIS a rort? What are you on about.....

Are you involved with the system or even know how it works? It helps my wife get out into the community, so I can earn a living...

The system is also being overhauled with the billing system....

I'm not the only member here involved with the system

There have been people that have ripped the system off, but they are being prosecuted...But like everything, people will always try rort any system...
It's 100% a rort for plenty of people and that's spoken as someone who is involved with the system.
The fact providers are charging different rates for NDIS or private clients.
Single mothers getting cleaning and gardening under their kids plans.
Horse riding lessons under the guise of equine therapy.
I'm a member on the autism parents page, I can tell you right now it's a cash cow for all the broke arse single mothers for things they would never dream of if it came out of their pockets.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
It's 100% a rort for plenty of people and that's spoken as someone who is involved with the system.
I'm a member on the autism parents page, I can tell you right now it's a cash cow for all the broke arse single mothers for things they would never dream of if it came out of their pockets.

There are definitely a lot of businesses milking the NDIS for all its worth. I do wonder the sense of setting up a publicly funded, privatised service model. I suspect it’d be better to fund the participants directly (and some are), or/and the government set up and run the service itself (and not outsource).

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Our next door neighbour done the same thing a few years ago. Put lumps of concrete in the recycle bin. Same deal denied it was him till I showed him on the camera. Then I got the velly solly I not understand.

VF Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 2 Redline ute
There are definitely a lot of businesses milking the NDIS for all its worth. I do wonder the sense of setting up a publicly funded, privatised service model. I suspect it’d be better to fund the participants directly (and some are), or/and the government set up and run the service itself (and not outsource).
I'm a sole NDIS provider. I'm almost embarrassed to say that these days as I hear these comments about we're all ripping off the system. I can tell you that my business ran far better before the NDIS was introduced. The high level of bureaucracy involved with the NDIS makes running the business overly complicated. You can either be Self managed, Plan manged or Agency managed. In my opinion NDIS participants who are Self managed can pick and choose their suppliers and can keep an eye on costs. Most people are Plan managed. (Private companies)

I have many friends and colleagues who are NDIS providers and they also just make a modest living. I obviously have to make a profit in business after costs but I'm also conscious of where the money comes from and try to be fair. Not all NDIS suppliers are on the gravy train.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Sure, also just as many people milking it like I said. What is approved or not comes down to how hard you fight/how much of a nuisance you’re willing to be. We have people taking the NDIA to court for funding as they believe they are entitled to more.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
That's why the government is cracking down on dodgy providers. Is the NDIS just supposed to take your word for it? I still remember trying to get a walking frame for mom at one of these so called "honest & hard working" NDIS providers - $150 for a $25 walker

"A recent investigation by the NDIS revealed the scale of some mark-ups, with private buyers charged $1300 less for a wheelchair than those on the scheme and a shower chair costing NDIS buyers nearly $1000 more."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.9news.com.au/article/f798e8cd-5d07-4e02-aa2e-2a4d1939f5e6

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

There has been a line set up to report companies that are providing different rates for Joe Blow off the street and NDIS providers...

I have personally taken photos of a physio that was doing exactly that and reported them....I also left them because of that rort....Don't know what punishment they received, as I left not long after....

The new physio I now go to is cheaper than the previous one, with the NDIS funding is still cheaper than the Joe Blow price the other one was charging....

It is encouraged by the NDIS to report the rorting going on and those that don't, in my opinion, are scumbags.....

It has been in the media for 12 months...Give or take..

A company that I used for 5ish years to provide carers for the wife, has it's owner currently before the court system on 4 counts of deception....

The previous owner (I didn;t know that person) pleaded guilty to 19 counts of deception for the sum of $450,000.....His sentence is yet to be handed down.

I do have a screen shot on my phone I could post up over these 2 scums, but not too sure if I'd get in the shite or this site would get in the shite by posting it up, considering one is still going through the courts over it....

This shows they are cracking down on rorting and needs the public help to continue help stamp it out

Last edited: