Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If they even look like coming near me with the wand I put up both hands and say whoa, back off.

Then I explain
2 replacement knees
1 replacement hip
4 rods and 8 screws in spine
chip of steel in left lower leg and
pacemaker in chest

They then send me through the walk through scanner which shows up all the spots mentioned and
they take me aside for a pat down.

Don't mind the ladies pat down but the big ugly dudes, oh yuk,
they seem to enjoy it.
Went through Townsville one day, belt out of the pants, both arms in the air for the pat down, and my pants fell down.
I just smiled at the bloke and said
smile, you're on candid camera.
He didn't think it was funny.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Interestingly, the hardware I used to have in my shoulder never set off the scanners. Fortunately that has now been removed.

Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yup, top spring plate was the wrong way but all sorted. Next exciting part, getting a WOF.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
People and politicians complaining that we need more state housing for people who "choose" not to work

I acknowledge that some people have a genuine requirement due to "real" medical issues, but supplying homes to professional bludgers and druggies is insane

If you want housing, do what everyone else does, get a job and work for your money

If I was king of Australia I would evict every bludger and druggy and cut their welfare, then, when they complain about it and say it will lead them to crime, lock them in a cell and make them work for their "free" accommodation and food.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a WOF. Happy days, legal travels. Lets hit the road!

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Not everybody who is after a house is a dole bludging drug Induced wipeout. Take living in anywhere that's not a major city. A well paying job is less than $1000 a week, usually closer to $800. Low tax rate would be $220, take 4 to $500 out for rent there's not much left for food let alone car rego, electricity and living costs. Cheap housing is a thing of another age as is a single income family. There is no way a low income couple with kids could save for a house deposit in Australia now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The opposition reckons if you can afford to rent you can afford to buy. So she wants to introduce no deposit mortgages. I personally think she needs better political advisers as the average rent is $450, whereas the starting price for a house is about $600 a week, maybe more since you would have to borrow more than the property is worth if you don't have a deposit. She also reckons she will fix the housing crisis. Again I'm not sure she fully understands how hard this would be to achieve and that it would likely take a billion dollar investment in housing. Then you still have to address the shortage of building Cos to erect these houses, and this would then increase the cost to build as there would be even more demand on materials than there already is. I'd love to sit down with her to run through the logistics, which I hope she has done before making such a bold election promise.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not everybody who is after a house is a dole bludging drug Induced wipeout. Take living in anywhere that's not a major city. A well paying job is less than $1000 a week, usually closer to $800. Low tax rate would be $220, take 4 to $500 out for rent there's not much left for food let alone car rego, electricity and living costs. Cheap housing is a thing of another age as is a single income family. There is no way a low income couple with kids could save for a house deposit in Australia now.

My eldest daughter and boyfriend bought 4 years ago...Paid just over $300,000 for a house and land package. They are in the surburbs.....IMA the land isn't that big....From memory just over 350 square.

The surburb is 40 k out of the CBD...

He is on under $50K per year...I know his job, as I helped him get the thing, so I am aware of the wage........She wasn't working due to having a new baby. That child is now 7 years old

They were renting, yet were able to afford to save a deposit for a new house (yes new house) and still manage to pay rego on 2 cars (yes 2 cars), and all the essentials to live....

I have also seen house and land packages round the $350,000 mark....

So does that dispell the myth?

I'll also add in, homestart provide low deposit housing loans....

There is also a tax break with new home and/or land purchases providing you are a first time buyer of a house or land. Is with the stamp duty....Can't remember the exact details, but with ownership there are 2 taxes you pay, but if you're a first time buyer, the most expensive one is squashed...

So those that wish to really delve into the options for new ownership, there are affordable options out there IF you look...

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The opposition reckons if you can afford to rent you can afford to buy. So she wants to introduce no deposit mortgages. I personally think she needs better political advisers as the average rent is $450, whereas the starting price for a house is about $600 a week, maybe more since you would have to borrow more than the property is worth if you don't have a deposit. She also reckons she will fix the housing crisis. Again I'm not sure she fully understands how hard this would be to achieve and that it would likely take a billion dollar investment in housing. Then you still have to address the shortage of building Cos to erect these houses, and this would then increase the cost to build as there would be even more demand on materials than there already is. I'd love to sit down with her to run through the logistics, which I hope she has done before making such a bold election promise.

The thing I hear the most is, I cant afford it because of the cost of this that and the other.

Then 5 minutes later, they're saying, I'm heading to see such and such in concert, or I bought the latest phone or I'm heading to a night club or movies for the 2nd time this week.

Yes the cost of living is up there but when people say one thing about the costs of living then contradict themselves with their buying activities, it does make you shake your head in disbelief with their mindset

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
They all, politicians make claims to make themselves sound outstanding, even though most people know they are talking ****!