Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hmmm, according to Money Smart anything over $45k is taxed at 32.5%. I'm well off $120k so that doesn't even factor in to the equation. Maybe my calcs were wrong when I tried to work out my take home using a desk calculator. I thought the rate was 27%, but I'm pretty sure I rounded it to 30%. Pretty hard to work out unless you're smart with numbers obviously.

We also pay parking on our pretax dollars so all that comes into it somewhere. Maybe I'm mostly taxed at the 19% rate and that's where I stuffed up?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Yeah, I minimise where I can, I already have I think $34k-$35k tax free through salary sacrifice and the tax free threshold. I still didn't know that anything I earn above my 60.8hrs a fortnight was taxed so high. Not sure what I can do about that? I'm not on big money, compared to some people I know but I do get paid ok. I was just expecting more take home pay than what I got.
Because you earned more for that week you were taxed in a higher bracket as if that week is the same all year which it is not, but you will get it back come tax time.
I am sure someone has already mentioned this.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's really hard to work out tax on a desk calculator, you need a spread sheet with some some fancy calculations to allow for tax brackets etc.

Here in NZ, Kiwisaver isn't specifically tied to your income so they don't know your tax bracket and therefore you must advise them what your tax bracket is. If you don't you are automatically taxed at the highest tax bracket and because of how the system runs you can't claim excess tax back on that the following year. Stupid

I believe you guys have a much better super scam than we do.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah, I'm hoping for a bit better than a meager $170 return this year. But we'll see I suppose. Shed needs more tools and without an additional slush fund purchases have dropped off in recent months. :oops:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I also used an online pay calculator that told me less than what I was expecting using my phone, but it was the same as what I got in my pay packet. Just now I have used Money Smart which seems to give more detailed info on the tax brackets.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Saw the doctor last week who asked he if I had, had my appointment with the sleep clinic yet? I said no. He said the wait was supposed to be 8-10 weeks. This was back in October or may early November. Since I only see my doctor about once every six months good chance it was October as I still had a month left on my repeats when I went there last year. I'm sure I thought the wait was supposed to be 10 months, so must have misheard him when he made the referral. Today I received an SMS to update my details and to see if I want to remain on the wait-list. Ahhh, yep. So filled in the blanks and will wait and see when my turn comes up. Been pretty tired lately so it will be good to finally get a machine, I think.
Hopefully I reach the top of the list soon.

I did get the obligatory we apologise I haven't been seen yet and that they are working had to get the wait-list down. They must really care, either that or the opposition will be on the news tonight with some scathing remarks around hospital wait-lists.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There was recently a bus crash in the Hunter Valley which resulted in the deaths of 10 passengers and a lot of other injuries, and the driver is facing XX? driving charges.
The roundabout that it occurred on is ....... perhaps ................ not that well designed regarding approach and camber.
It will be an interesting witch hunt court case.
Court case will be short, there are other factors apparently which are not mentioned in the below reporting............
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05...-pleads-guilty-to-dangerous-driving/103809200

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There was an article in the NZ Herald about it. Plead guilty to a bunch of lesser charges.