Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Government mismanagement of certain aspects of this pandemic and the weighted personal responsibilities of people are two completely different issues.

This is true, but this is also what living with the virus means. People continue to do what they do and some will do so knowing they are positive and not give a damn.

It's all nice and well blaming govco for mismanagement but you forget the selfishness of the average person who thinks their **** doesn't stink and their right to go out and make a buck is more important then the next persons rights.

This is fairly much why govco makes strict laws and has things like lockdowns because it has to account for the people who simply don't give a damn about the next guy.

You've been going on about lockdowns and testing is a waste of time, well, unfortunately the situation you have found yourself in is exactly what is going to happen, people, much like your boss who think this virus is only the flu or common cold are going to behave exactly like your boss did and people are going to end up in the same situation as you have through no fault of their own.

Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot.

Hopefully you haven't caught anything, this virus has an incubation period (typically) of up to 14 days and a rapid antigen test only tells you that you weren't covid positive at that time but until you pass the full incubation period you actually don't know. So it'll be interesting to see what your plan is for the next 2 weeks?

Omicron is now potentially out in our NZ community because someone didn't follow MIQ/self isolation procedures and wait until their final test came back negative before entering the community. Said idiot tested negative 3 times during their MIQ stay and then a few more days in isolation at what ever location they were staying. It's very easy to say govco mismanaged the situation but at the end of the day if people don't follow the rules we all suffer.

Interestingly, a supervisor at my work did a similar thing. His kids went to a school that had a major outbreak of the virus. Kids and families were supposed to isolate but he never did and a bit like you, he's always complaining about how govco is ******* this all up.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
This is true, but this is also what living with the virus means. People continue to do what they do and some will do so knowing they are positive and not give a damn.
If you're sick and knowingly sick with anything, the flu, chicken pox, whatever and you circulate knowingly you're an asshole. Even more so if it's a virus causing a pandemic.

What my gripe was about was the policies this company has put in place to ensure we can keep operating during the pandemic and all lockdowns, which have in turn offered some amount of safety through compliance were disregarded by upper management and then the potential consequences hidden without giving people a chance to rectify or alter their behaviour accordingly.

I was going to write a big long reply. But you have made so many assumptions and mischaracterized what I have said in in other threads it's not worth replying to here.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think I have mischaracterized what you have said at all.

TBH, I know exactly how you feel. Management at my work have done exactly as yours has, lot of rules to keep open/operating and yet they break all the rules behind closed doors.

This does not change the fact that you have rubbished the way all this covid crap has been handled, you complain about people hiding scared of the virus and now when you've had a potential exposure event your not happy about it. You think we should all live with the virus and now you've had first had experience of what living with the virus means and it doesn't feel quiet so nice. Remember, this virus only kills old people and doesn't effect kids so why should the majority of us be forced into lockdown conditions when chances are it won't be anything more than catching the common cold or flu.

berlina411

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline (Weekender). Truck (Daily)
Remember, this virus only kills old people and doesn't effect kids so why should the majority of us be forced into lockdown conditions when chances are it won't be anything more than catching the common cold or flu.
Sadly a 2 yo has died in South Australia today from covid so it seems it can effect anyone

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes. No one is safe, nothing is guaranteed.

It is sad when people die needlessly regardless of age or cause.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Good old aunty Maude comes over for lunch and decides to show you 200 plus photos of her trip to Philip Island ........all on her phone ............. all of different beaches.......... all sand and water with the odd seagull thrown in . Same holiday every year

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think I have mischaracterized what you have said at all.
Where did I say lockdowns and testing were a waste?

This does not change the fact that you have rubbished the way all this covid crap has been handled,
yeap. I sure have. I've complained about government trying to implement horrible legislation (agreed by unprecedented numbers of QC's), I've complained about ineffective government departments implementation of failed, deadly programs (enquiries. WorkSafe and people losing their job validate that complaint) and I've complained about the over dramatizing of aspects to incorrectly attribute parameters to areas that dont paint a full picture.

you complain about people hiding scared of the virus
again, I don't think I've ever accused or belittled people for hiding or the way they've lived their lives during this.

and now when you've had a potential exposure event your not happy about it. You think we should all live with the virus and now you've had first had experience of what living with the virus means and it doesn't feel quiet so nice.
While this might have felt like a really cool "gotcha" line while you were typing it i can assure you it's not.
This hasnt changed my opinion or outlook on living with the virus at all. Im not currently preparing my mask for my solo drive to work tomorrow to change it out for my double mask and face shield when i get there. Im going to go about my life the same way i did in weeks previous, managing the risk in all situations i find myself in the best way possible. It's all i, or anybody can do. My risk was exponentially increased by somebody knowingly exposing themselves to other people when sick, and the risk to my family was increased when the information of that potential exposure was hidden to benefit a businesses bottom line. He could have not known he had it, come to site and we could have been infected anyway, but that situation, and one that thousands of people find themselves in daily is a darn sight better to wrap your head around than *knowing* the person that infected you knew they were sick but cared so little for anybody else and then sought to cover their tracks.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
all of different beaches.......... all sand and water with the odd seagull thrown in .
Did the seagull make it out of the water alive?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
My risk was exponentially increased by somebody knowingly exposing themselves to other people when sick, and the risk to my family was increased when the information of that potential exposure was hidden to benefit a businesses bottom line. He could have not known he had it, come to site and we could have been infected anyway, but that situation, and one that thousands of people find themselves in daily is a darn sight better to wrap your head around than *knowing* the person that infected you knew they were sick but cared so little for anybody else and then sought to cover their tracks.

Unfortunately there is a good portion of the population who will do this and not give a **** about your feelings or your health or that of your family and this is the reality of the society we live in.

My son just completed a couple of shifts at the hospital, any time he's in ED or similar department he is required to wear an N95 mask and face shield and/or eye protection. This is the reality for a lot of people live with and the ever possibility of exposure. When he comes home he literally goes to the laundry and strips, washes his uniform and showers for good measure. No ******* utopia over here regardless of what the media might say.