Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Think ive fried my wiring 96 VS

Kingolive

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS EXECUTIVE
So instead of recharging the old battery I just went and bought a new one, the old one was bulging at the sides,
So I thought I found the problem being a bad ground for sub, turns out that was bullshit
Volts drop dramatically once I turn the high beams on, car loses power and it's just gutless.
Than if I hit the indicator, you'll hear the ticking through the sub.
It's driving me nuts, but really appreciate all of you guys help

Last edited:

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
sorry if you've already answered this. I just skim read the post again.
Have you undone and cleaned the earth connections on the engine block (2, I think) and on the inside of the guard close to the battery? If not, I suggest this as your next action. It'll cost you nothing except a little time.
It's pretty surprising what a bad earth connection can cause. Corroded earth on the tail light loom (common on early commies) made really weird things happen on my daughter's car when the tail lights were on and the brakes applied. The brake lights didn't come on and the tail lights dimmed to almost nothing! When the tail lights were not on the brake lights worked normally.
I don't pretend to understand electricity---but it's useful.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Check the load sensing wire that goes from the alternator to the battery (white wire - has a small black connector 10-20cm away from the positive battery terminal). If that's broken (has been on 3 of my cars), then that'll be your problem. You can replace the load sensing wire or just wire it to the back of the alternator output to fix the problem provided your regulator isn't at fault.