Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tuning section FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE?!?!?!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
whats the harm in leaving it there really? if people dont post, who cares, it would still be a good reference tool for people to link back to. also, when one of these stupid ebay posts comes up, we can give a better response, leaving a link to a whole tuning section, instead of just saying use the search tool

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
if it clutters up the forum it wont stay, if people dont use it, it wont stay justcommodores isnt into catering in for a select group of people because 4 people said it's a good idea. if anything a sticky in each model forum would be more than enough to cover a memcal topic.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
theres plenty of people that think its a good idea. you can see that lots of people are curious about tunes. thats why there are so many greenfoam/ebay resistor/memcal threads coming up all the time. it would also be a place for people to post up opinions on different ECUs, how to install aftermarket ECUs, MAFless tunes, etc. its more than just a couple of memcal threads. if anything it could attract more people to the forum. people could type commodore tuning into google and come to this section straight away. tuning and ECUs is an important part of modifying a car, so having the information in one place just makes sense.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
will give the new section a bit of time, give it a chance to get some traffic, and some use, but in all honesty i dont think it will last, it's fate will be similar to that of the aircon section and parts section, people will still post in the model specific section. only time will tell.

in all honesty, i think it will fire up pretty good. there is an abundance of information and topics regarding tuning. very different to aircon and part numbers sections.

its one extra section in the dev/mod section. hardly clutter. remove the aircon and part numbers section and it will be neater than before.

a sticky in each section would be messier, especially when it comes time to update them.

get rid of the general info and specs section aswell, that hasnt been touched for over 5 months now.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
would it perhaps be more suited in the model forums? rather than were it is. if you think about this way, tuning is in a way modifying your car, so why have the tuning part, personaly i dare say it would be better sitting now below the ve part, or even above electrical?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
would it perhaps be more suited in the model forums? rather than were it is. if you think about this way, tuning is in a way modifying your car, so why have the tuning part, personaly i dare say it would be better sitting now below the ve part, or even above electrical?

but it is more specific to development and modification. quite simply, you are modifying the data on the ecu to more often than not, get more power from the other modifications you have done to the motor.

its also less cluttered here than it would be in the commdore related section, which is big enough as it is.

if i was looking for a tuning section on another forum, id goto the modification area as a first look, not vehicle specific, as usually, vehicle specific is normal stuff, basic questions, repairs, etc.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ok, if it's more specific to modification, why not have threads in each section of the modifying part of the forum that relate to either the v6 or v8?
i see 9 threads in there that have been made since the 14/12/08

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok, if it's more specific to modification, why not have threads in each section of the modifying part of the forum that relate to either the v6 or v8?
i see 9 threads in there that have been made since the 14/12/08

give it some time man, its been up for less than half a day!!!!

also, scroll down a bit and change the display options, yours is set to 100 days. more than 9 threads have been moved to that section.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
there arent many threads in here that are recent because its a new section obviously...youve only had a few in here that have been suggested to be moved in here. in time more threads can be moved here or created and it will get going. i dont see why youre so negative about this. plenty of people can benefit from it. i can only see positive things coming out of this section.

Garth

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
there arent many threads in here that are recent because its a new section obviously...youve only had a few in here that have been suggested to be moved in here. in time more threads can be moved here or created and it will get going. i dont see why youre so negative about this. plenty of people can benefit from it. i can only see positive things coming out of this section.

not being negative, just pointing out what i see. only time will tell how this works out, if it benifits members, sweet, all for it.